|Date Posted||3 June 2021|
Deadline for applications: 17/06/2021
The World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD) is a global, CEO-led organization of over 200 leading businesses working together to accelerate the transition to a sustainable world. We help make our member companies more successful and sustainable by focusing on the maximum positive impact for shareholders, the environment and societies.
Our member companies come from all business sectors and all major economies, representing combined revenues of more than USD $8.5 trillion and 19 million employees. Our global network of almost 70 national business councils gives our members unparalleled reach across the globe. Since 1995, WBCSD has been uniquely positioned to work with member companies along and across value chains to deliver impactful business solutions to the most challenging sustainability issues.
Together, we are the leading voice of business for sustainability: with a vision of a world where more than nine billion people are all living well and within the boundaries of our planet, by 2050.
WBCSD’s Soft Commodities Forum brings together six major agribusinesses to advance collective action on a conversion-free soy supply chain. With a focus on soy production in the Brazilian Cerrado, SCF members aim to eliminate soy driven deforestation from high risk landscapes through traceability of supply, engagement of customers in shared solutions and positive transformation of landscapes in partnership with producers.
The WBCSD’s Soft Communities Forum is seeking an Intern to support the implementation of its workplan together with the SCF members, and their partners. The Intern will be part of the SCF secretariat, report to the SCF Manager, and work in close collaboration with WBCSD’s Food & Nature program and other relevant areas of WBCSD.
Responsibilities and duties
- Provide support as requested to deliver on the agreed workplan, including, but not limited to:
- Organization of meetings, webinars and workshops
- Ownership of Minutes and meeting summaries
- Development of powerpoint presentations
- Data analysis and presentation
- Following up with individual members and partners to collect inputs to various joint deliverables
- Support with data analysis, insights generation and communications related to the results of SCF members’ 2021 workplan and key performance indicators;
- Monitor external landscape with a focus on reports, news articles and research on soy and deforestation for regular circulation with SCF members. When needed prepare summaries of key reports and attend external events/webinars on behalf of SCF Manager;
- Support the development of content and insights for the SCF public report in December;
- Prepare SCF related content for WBCSD Food and Nature newsletter,webpage and social media
- University level education (Master’s degree) or equivalent professional qualification and experience in sustainable agriculture, sustainable finance and business management or related discipline.
- Good understanding of deforestation in the context of commodities production an asset
- Strong data analysis and aggregation skills and ability to take concise and clear notes
- Ability to prioritize and effectively work on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent analytical and project management skills
- Flexible and comfortable working with changing priorities
- Excellent communication and networking skills
- High energy, results-oriented with strong interpersonal skills
- Well-organized and thorough with close attention to detail and follow-through
- English fluently, Portuguese a strong asset
- Master MS office tools such as Powerpoint, Excel and Word (excellent Powerpoint design skills a strong asset).
- Previous experience working with NGOs and/or the private sector is an asset
The position is full-time for the duration of 6 months. Location is flexible.
WBCSD is a purpose driven, forward-thinking and action-oriented organization, characterised by diversity of gender, nationalities and work experiences.
THE WORK ENVIRONMENT:
WBCSD offers a competitive, modern, and flexible working arrangement:
- Geneva-based organization with offices in London, New Delhi, Singapore and New York City
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- State-of-the-art facilities and ICT-enabled working tools
- Flex-time and part-time possibilities
- Dynamic working atmosphere
- Open culture encouraging interaction and sharing of ideas and opinions
- Sustainable commuting incentives
Please note that WBCSD will only respond to selected candidates for the interview process.