|5 December 2023
|Geneva, Amsterdam, Netherlands
Deadline for applications: 12 February
The World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD) is the premier global, CEO-led community of over 200 of the world’s leading sustainable businesses working collectively to accelerate the system transformations needed for a net zero, nature-positive and more equitable future.
We share a vision of a world in which more than 9 billion people are able to live well, within planetary boundaries, by 2050. To achieve this vision, we must collectively accelerate the required transformation of businesses, their value chains, and the systems in which they operate to limit the impact of the climate crisis, restore nature and tackle inequality.
How our community works
Our community leads positive change through our imperatives work by building the infrastructure of a better world through climate, nature and equity action. In our distinct pathways, we outline the critical transitions required in some of the significant areas of business activity to profoundly shift the systems we work in and transform them towards a better future. Together we succeed when our collective effort is rewarded through a lower cost of capital, which is the scope of our redefining value work; helping companies measure and manage risk, gain competitive advantage and seize new opportunities by understanding environmental, social and governance (ESG) information.
WBCSD stimulates progress by ideating & level-setting new best practices and trends from different expertise & sectors. By improving performance, we enable standards and protocols supported by tools and technology to solidify businesses’ sustainability competence. We build partnerships by bringing together members and external partners to create coalitions and partnerships and build scale into change. Finally, we drive the policy agenda by amplifying the voice of positive business and shaping policies collaboratively to transform the systems we work in.
Our work aims to empower business leaders to raise their ambition to achieve a better world, deliver action at speed and scale in their operations and value chains, and sharpen the accountability of their performance.
As part of our growing scope, we are looking for an enthusiastic Intern during our peak period at the beginning of the year to support our recruitment needs and tasks. The intern will be part of our dynamic and diverse team reporting to the Senior Talent Manager and working closely with the Recruitment Manager while also collaborating with other members of the People team, based in Amsterdam and Geneva.
Responsibilities and Duties:
The main tasks will be:
- Work with the recruitment manager to support peak recruitment activities across the organization, from ad management to presentations or any other part of the recruitment process
- Create and manage job ads in various portals to ensure a qualitative and consistent flow of applications
- Proactively source and screen resumes and job applications
- Reach out to qualified candidates, representing WBCSD as a first point of contact in prescreening candidates and in your communications with them
- Support the team in the implementation of a new ATS (applicant tracking system)
- Make PowerPoint presentations and other documents to be presented by the People Team and to the rest of the organization
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- University degree in Human Resources Management, Organisational Development, Talent Development, or any other related field
- Some experience in Human Resources, preferably in recruitment
- Presenting and communicating information: you express opinions, information, and key points clearly and fluently, projecting credibility. You listen actively to others
- Collaborating and building networks: you take action to establish connections and understand the needs to build trust. You can assess a candidate’s fit for a position, and you proactively follow up with them if needed
- Delivering results: you set high standards for quality and quantity, consistently achieving goals, handling setbacks, quickly understanding bottlenecks, proposing solutions, and solving issues
- Initiating action: you take prompt action independently, proactively, and quickly to go above and beyond job requirements to achieve results
- Strong Microsoft Office365 skills (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
- Fluent in written and spoken English; fluency in Dutch and/or French is a plus
WBCSD offers a competitive, modern, and flexible working arrangement:
- Geneva-based organization with additional offices in Amsterdam, London, Singapore and New York City
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- State-of-the-art facilities and IT-enabled working tools
- Flex-time and part-time possibilities
- Dynamic working atmosphere
- Open culture encouraging interaction and sharing of ideas and opinions
- Sustainable commuting incentives
- European and UK time zones preferred for this position
Please note that the position will be based in Amsterdam or Geneva.