Business Intelligence in Finance
|Published||21 July 2020|
The World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD) is a global, CEO-led organization of over 200 leading businesses working together to accelerate the transition to a sustainable world. We help make our member companies more successful and sustainable by focusing on the maximum positive impact for shareholders, the environment and societies.
Our member companies come from all business sectors and all major economies, representing combined revenues of more than USD $8.5 trillion and 19 million employees. Our global network of almost 70 national business councils gives our members unparalleled reach across the globe. WBCSD is uniquely positioned to work with member companies along and across value chains to deliver impactful business solutions to the most challenging sustainability issues.
Together, we are the leading voice of business for sustainability: with a vision of a world where more than nine billion people are all living well and within the boundaries of our planet, by 2050.
Managing the finances of WBCSD is a complicated puzzle with varied sources of income being used to cover various types of activity. The financial numbers flow into different datasets and tools. The challenge for the Finance intern is to help the team have complete and structured data integrated in the financials tools, to provide project teams and senior management with accurate reports, relevant dashboards and key financial indicators. This position is a 3-month internship, reporting to the Finance Director.
Responsibilities and duties
- Support monthly reporting processes through assisting with data/input collection and updating Business Central, WBCSD Finance & Accounting tool
- Collaborate in the testing and deployment of BI solution
- Help improving existing financial reports for the use of budget holders and Senior Management Team
- Support the generation of business insight via new financial dashboards (e.g. Power BI Dashboards)
- Build and maintain process documentation, share processes to other team members
- Support operations and ad-hoc requests for Finance team
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Engineering or Finance
- A postgraduate qualification in a related field would be an asset
- A first experience with business intelligence and data science would be an asset
Skills and competencies
- At ease with business intelligence in general and fluency with Power BI solutions
- Strong analytical and data gathering skills
- Good problem-solving skills and business acumen
- Fluency – both written and oral – in English
- Self-starter with drive and enthusiasm
- Excellent time management skills.
- A positive attitude and willingness to learn.
- At ease interacting with staff and external partners
The position is full-time and based in Geneva.
WBCSD is a purpose driven, forward-thinking and action-oriented organization, characterised by diversity of gender, nationalities and work experiences.
The work environment:
WBCSD offers a competitive, modern, and flexible working arrangement:
- Geneva-based organization with offices in London, New Delhi, Singapore and New York City
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- State-of-the-art facilities and ICT-enabled working tools
- Flex-time and part-time possibilities
- Dynamic working atmosphere
- Open culture encouraging interaction and sharing of ideas and opinions
- International relocation support
- Sustainable commuting incentives
The candidate should be a current holder of a valid Swiss working permit and/or a Swiss or EU national.
Please also note that WBCSD will only respond to candidates selected for the interview process.