|Published||31 May 2021|
The World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD) is a global, CEO-led organization of over 200 leading businesses working together to accelerate the transition to a sustainable world. We help make our member companies more successful and sustainable by focusing on the maximum positive impact for shareholders, the environment and societies.
Our member companies come from all business sectors and all major economies, representing combined revenues of more than USD $8.5 trillion and 19 million employees. Our global network of almost 70 national business councils gives our members unparalleled reach across the globe. Since 1995, WBCSD has been uniquely positioned to work with member companies along and across value chains to deliver impactful business solutions to the most challenging sustainability issues. Together, we are the leading voice of business for sustainability: with a vision of a world where more than nine billion people are all living well and within planetary boundaries, by 2050.
WBCSD’s People & Society Program focuses on providing solutions that support the global business community in ensuring that their products, services, processes and conduct remain in tune with the needs, rights, goals and aspirations of society. We do this by facilitating peer-to-peer exchange, inspiring, informing and advocating for business action, and representing the voice of leading business in international forums.
WBCSD’s People & Society Program is looking for an intern to provide support across the team’s key program areas of Tackling Inequality, Health & Wellbeing, and Sustainable Development Goals. Reporting to the Director of the People & Society program, this role will form an integral part of WBCSD’s efforts to define and advance impactful business solutions to advance shared prosperity. This is a full-time position for six months, starting as soon as possible. Although the broader People and Society team is based in Geneva, there is the potential for remote working from other geographies.
Responsibilities and duties
- Support day-to-day activities through research and analysis of latest developments, trends and insights.
- Package and synthesize information into different communication materials (e.g. briefings, memos, articles, case studies, presentations) tailored for key audience groups (internal and external).
- Support the management of the People & Society team’s various online platforms as well as engagement across social media chanels.t
- Help prepare and coordinate for regular events, meetings, workshops and webinars.
- Provide general administrative and daily support to the People and Society team as needed.
Qualifications and skills
- University degree in a discipline related to Sustainability, Economics or International Development
- Strong academic knowledge of the principles of sustainable development.
- Robust understanding of the United Nation’s 2030 Agenda and the Sustainable Development. Goals
- Previous internship in business or business focused organization is a plus.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision and deliver on project deadlines.
- Proven research and analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Microsoft Office and SharePoint proficiency.
- Good organizational skills to anticipate, plan, organize and self-monitor workload.
- Perfect fluency - both written and oral - in English (any other language is a plus).
WBCSD offers a competitive, modern, and flexible working arrangement:
- Geneva-based organization with offices in London, New Delhi, Singapore and New York City
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- State-of-the-art facilities and ICT-enabled working tools
- Flex-time and part-time possibilities
- Dynamic working atmosphere
- Open culture encouraging interaction and sharing of ideas and opinions
- International relocation support
- Sustainable commuting incentives
WBCSD is a purpose driven, forward-thinking and action-oriented organization, characterised by diversity of gender, nationalities and work experiences.
Please also note that WBCSD will only respond to candidates selected for the interview process.