January 26, 2019
The World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD) is a global, CEO-led organization of over 200 leading businesses working together to accelerate the transition to a sustainable world. We help make our member companies more successful and sustainable by focusing on the maximum positive impact for shareholders, the environment and societies.
Our member companies come from all business sectors and all major economies, representing combined revenues of more than USD $8.5 trillion and 19 million employees. Our global network of almost 70 national business councils gives our members unparalleled reach across the globe. WBCSD is uniquely positioned to work with member companies along and across value chains to deliver impactful business solutions to the most challenging sustainability issues.
Together, we are the leading voice of business for sustainability: with a vision of a world where more than nine billion people are all living well and within the boundaries of our planet, by 2050.
The Global Agri-business Alliance is a WBCSD Sector Project and convenes a growing number (currently 17) of growers, processors, traders, providers of inputs/finance to strengthen the supply-side voice and contribution to the sustainable agriculture agenda. The Associate will be responsible for managing all GAA communications and key elements of the work programme. Specific responsibilities will include 1) internal and external communications 2) management of key elements of the work programme such as Post-Harvest Loss member implementations and Water Stewardship Action Learning Projects.
Responsibilities and duties
Reporting to the GAA Director, the GAA Associate will be responsible for:
- Developing and delivering new and ongoing communications between and about members such as regular e-bulletins, online/in-person knowledge-shares, SDG case-studies
- Oversee all external communications including the design development and delivering of a new external-facing website including management of consultants and content; supporting events and other outreach opportunities
- Project manage the Post-Harvest Food Loss workstream alongside other WBCSD staff and implementation partner the World Resources Institute
- Project manage the Water Stewardship workstream alongside the WBCSD Water Team (based in Delhi) specifically the implementation of Action Learning Projects with implementation partner the Alliance for Water Stewardship at 1-2 member operating sites
- Support member recruitment, identify recruitment opportunities, maintain the GAA ‘recruitment/ambassador pack’.
- University degree in a relevant subject (Masters is preferred);
- Strong and proven communication skills;
- 3-4 years of project management experience with international exposure;
- Knowledge of sustainable agriculture / food systems agenda;
- Ability to work independently with little supervision and demonstrate willingness to take initiative;
- Proven research and analytical skills;
- Proven programme management skills including liason between different teams and on complex and dynamic topics;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Good organizational skills to anticipate, plan, organize and self-monitor workload;
- Fluency in English, fluency in French/Spanish a plus.
The position is full-time and based in Geneva, London or Singapore, but will also require international travel.
WBCSD is a purpose driven, forward-thinking and action-oriented organization, characterised by diversity of gender, nationalities and work experiences.
The Work Environment:
WBCSD offers a competitive, modern, and flexible working arrangement:
- Geneva-based organization with offices in London, New Delhi and New York City
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- State-of-the-art facilities and ICT-enabled working tools
- Flex-time and part-time possibilities
- Dynamic working atmosphere
- Open culture encouraging interaction and sharing of ideas and opinions
- International relocation support
- Sustainable commuting incentives
- Annual community service
Please also note that WBCSD will only respond to candidates selected for the interview process.