November 10, 2017
The World Business Council for Sustainable Development is a CEO-led organization of forward-thinking companies that galvanizes the global business community to create a sustainable future for business, society and the environment. Together with its members, the council applies its respected thought leadership and effective advocacy to generate constructive solutions and take shared action. Leveraging its strong relationships with stakeholders as the leading advocate for business, the council helps drive debate and policy change in favor of sustainable development solutions.
The Tire Industry Project (TIP)
Formed in 2005, the Tire Industry Project (TIP) serves as a global, voluntary, CEO-led initiative, undertaken by 11 leading tire companies with an aim to anticipate, identify, analyze and address the potential human health and environmental impacts associated with tire development, use and management through end of life. TIP is a proactive organization that operates under the umbrella of the World Business Council for Sustainable Development and is designed to advance sustainability throughout the industry. Together, TIP member companies work to anticipate, identify, analyze and collaborate on sustainability challenges facing the industry, improve understanding of and educate about these challenges, and develop potential solutions for a more sustainable future.
The Tire Industry Project seeks to appoint a full-time director, based in the WBCSD office in Geneva.
TIP Program Director responsible to assist in selection of, and direct the completion of environmental, health, and sustainability projects concerning the life cycle impacts of tires.
Main tasks include:
- Anticipate environmental and health issues that could impact the tire industry.
- Assist the TIP Extended Facilitator Team (EFT) in project selection and development, contractor selection, and communication of results to broad audiences.
- Challenge, drive, and support CEO Representatives, the EFT, TIP Co-Chairs, and Working Group Co-Chairs to achieve project objectives on time and within budget.
- Facilitate TIP meetings by leading meaningful discussions in order to achieve consensus. Timely manage communications and all resources involved with TIP and its members.
Required competencies include:
- University Level Science Degree; Advanced Degree preferred; Project Management Professional (PMP) certification also preferred.
- Successful delivery of one or more programs to completion. Knowledge of/experience in sustainability and the tire industry would be preferred.
- Highly motivated, manages vision and purpose, possesses political savvy, managerial courage, business acumen, and strategic agility.
- Manage the portfolio of projects with project management discipline and attention to all key areas including but not limited to stakeholder, scope, cost, and time management. Proficient in PowerPoint and various scheduling tools.
This is a full-time position based in Geneva, Switzerland.
The WBCSD will organize the Swiss working permit application for the successful candidate and this process is simplified for candidates who are Swiss or currently holders of a valid Swiss working permit. Other candidates should be aware that a working permit is subject to approval by the Swiss authorities.
Please also note that the WBCSD will only respond to candidates selected for the interview process
The WBCSD offers a flexible working environment and the chance to join a team of professionals who share the motivation to accelerate the transition to a sustainable world.