November 23, 2018
The World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD) is a global, CEO-led organization of over 200 leading businesses working together to accelerate the transition to a sustainable world. We help make our member companies more successful and sustainable by focusing on the maximum positive impact for shareholders, the environment and societies.
Our member companies come from all business sectors and all major economies, representing combined revenues of more than $8.5 trillion and 19 million employees. Our global network of almost 70 national business councils gives our members unparalleled reach across the globe. WBCSD is uniquely positioned to work with member companies along and across value chains to deliver impactful business solutions to the most challenging sustainability issues.
Together, we are the leading voice of business for sustainability: with a vision of a world where more than 9 billion people are all living well and within the boundaries of our planet, by 2050.
This is an exciting role for you to take part in the initial steps of the new mobility project at WBCSD: Transforming Urban Mobility. In this 6 month assignment, you will operate as an integral part of the team to support the set-up and deliverables of the 5 streams of the project in 2019 in collaboration member companies. Starting date ideally December 2018.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Support the set-up and operation of the transforming urban mobility project management office
- Provide support on workshops or events organization and participation
- Develop research on ad-hoc topics to advance the sustainable mobility agenda
- Support to deploy and update our project communication plan
- Master’s degree level is required - ideally related to transport
- Initial experience in project management in the transport industry, with exposure to mobility topics would be highly regarded
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to work independently with little supervision and demonstrate willingness to take initiative;
- Specific skills:
- Proficient in Microsoft office
- Fluency in English, fluency in French and/or other European languages a plus.
- Knowledge of Salesforce would be an advantage
The Work Environment:
The position is full-time and based in Geneva, Switzerland, and may require international travel.
The candidate should hold a valid Swiss working permit and/or be a Swiss or EU national.
In accordance with WBCSD policies, interns will receive a competitive honorarium. Costs and arrangements for initial travel, accommodation and living expenses are the responsibilities of interns and/or their supporting organizations.
WBCSD offers a competitive, modern, and flexible working arrangement:
- Geneva-based organization with offices in New Delhi, London and New York City
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- State of the art facilities and ICT enabled working tools
- Flex-time and part-time possibilities
- Dynamic working atmosphere
- Open culture encouraging interaction and sharing of ideas and opinions
- International relocation support
- Sustainable commuting incentives
- Annual community service
Please also note that the WBCSD will only respond to candidates selected for the interview process