Senior Manager, Decision & Disclosure
|Published||15 November 2022|
|Location||Geneva, Amsterdam, London, United Kingdom|
Deadline for application: 30 November 2022
WBCSD is the premier global, CEO-led community of over 220 of the world’s leading sustainable businesses working collectively to accelerate the system transformations needed for a net zero, nature positive, and more equitable future.
We do this by engaging executives and sustainability leaders from business and elsewhere to share practical insights on the obstacles and opportunities we currently face in tackling the integrated climate, nature and inequality sustainability challenge; by co-developing “how-to” CEO-guides from these insights; by providing science-based target guidance including standards and protocols; and by developing tools and platforms to help leading businesses in sustainability drive integrated actions to tackle climate, nature and inequality challenges across sectors and geographical regions.
Our member companies come from all business sectors and all major economies, representing a combined revenue of more than USD $8.5 trillion and 19 million employees.
Our global network of almost 70 national business councils gives our members unparalleled reach across the globe. Since 1995, WBCSD has been uniquely positioned to work with member companies along and across value chains to deliver impactful business solutions to the most challenging sustainability issues.
Together, we are the leading voice of business for sustainability, united by our vision of creating a world in which 9+ billion people are living well, within planetary boundaries, by mid-century.
Redefining Value - Developing competencies for sustainability performance and valuation.
Redefining Value seeks to enable sustainability competency building in core corporate functions so that sustainable decisions can be made AND help build the valuation model of the future so that sustainable decisions are rewarded.
The WBCSD Redefining Value team is looking for a Senior Manager, Decision & Disclosure to manage programs and projects that aim to help our members build sustainability competencies across their core corporate functions. Your areas of focus are Risk Management, Performance Management, Strategy, Internal audit & External Assurance, Reporting & Reporting Standards and Governance.
In this role you work closely with counterparts and subject matter experts and various engagement functions within the Redefining Value team to enable member companies to integrate sustainability considerations into their resource and capital allocation decisions.
This is a change agent role where you will be expected to represent Redefining Value & WBCSD in various engagement environments, working groups, (technical) advisory, and provide project leadership on your topics and the wider WBCSD strategy towards typically very senior private or (semi)public leaders.
Responsibilities & duties
- Manage projects to incorporate sustainability considerations into core corporate function decision -making. Examples of core corporate functions are Risk Management, Strategy Development, Performance Management, FP&A, Legal, Internal Audit, Governance, Assurance, Procurement, Asset Management, Reporting, Management Accounting, Data Management, HR, Talent Development, Marketing, and Product Development & Innovation.
- Represent and help drive WBCSD’s contribution to the development of robust, globally aligned, comparable and substantial reporting standards across the various forms of non-financial and financial capital
- Identify and collaborate internally and externally to design and develop the right products that will enable the required transformations
- Execute member and/or grant driven workstreams within your domain, in collaboration with the wider Redefining Value team or other teams in WBCSD, to enable member, sector or global transformations
- Engage with (working level) member representatives to deliver against project objectives
- Contribute to, collaborate on, or lead, the development of reports, protocols, collaborative platforms, educational programs and other products
- Attract and develop strong subject matter expertise and talent within your team
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- 10+ years experience in functional leadership roles in Decision systems, Disclosures or standard setting bodies, showing strength in project design, collaboration & delivery
- Significant management and working level experience with sustainable business practices, accounting or finance
- Knowledgeable and collaborative team player
- Significant experience in influencing within the most senior public/private environments
- Knowledge and expertise of the Climate, Nature and Equity space is considered a plus
- Strong project execution, delivery and communications experience
- A personality that shows an open mind, people, fact and impact centric attitudes, high energy and drive, with a resilient, learning approach towards setbacks, pressure and challenges
The position is full-time. It will based in Amsterdam, London or Geneva.
WBCSD is a purpose driven, forward-thinking and action-oriented organization, characterized by diversity of gender, nationalities and work experiences.
The Work Environment
WBCSD offers a competitive, modern, and flexible working arrangement:
- Geneva-based organization with offices in Amsterdam, Beijing, Delhi, London, New York and Singapore
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- State-of-the-art facilities and ICT-enabled working tools
- Flex-time and part-time possibilities
- Dynamic working atmosphere
- Open culture encouraging interaction and sharing of ideas and opinions
- Regional or International relocation support
- Sustainable commuting incentives
Please also note that WBCSD will only respond to candidates selected for the interview process.