|Location||New Delhi, India|
October 31, 2018
The World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD) is a global, CEO-led organization of over 200 leading businesses working together to accelerate the transition to a sustainable world. We help make our member companies more successful and sustainable by focusing on the maximum positive impact for shareholders, the environment and societies.
Our member companies come from all business sectors and all major economies, representing combined revenues of more than $8.5 trillion and 19 million employees. Our global network of almost 70 national business councils gives our members unparalleled reach across the globe. WBCSD is uniquely positioned to work with member companies along and across value chains to deliver impactful business solutions to the most challenging sustainability issues.
Together, we are the leading voice of business for sustainability: united by our vision of a world where more than 9 billion people are all living well and within the boundaries of our planet, by 2050.
Following the adoption of the Sustainable Development Goals and the Paris Climate Agreement, WBCSD has been supporting the development and implementation of ambitious business solutions by our members and seen the beginning of real progress transforming the economy.
The transformation of the transport sector towards safe, clean, smart and inclusive mobility is a key part of WBCSD’s work and the key ambition of our Transforming Urban Mobility program.
Our REmobility project supports on-ground corporate adoption of electric vehicles, renewable energy and energy storage in India. REmobility will meet the above objectives through stakeholder consultations, knowledge sharing, collaboration between member companies, policy review, business model innovation and the support of scalable demonstration projects.
Some of the key deliverables for the project are: developing an ambition statement along with project members, supporting >40 large companies to have a deeper understanding of EV use cases, bringing together stakeholders for development of 3-4 scalable pilot projects and working with the value chain to develop a set of policy recommendations.
REmobility has brought together India’s EV value chain, including corporate customers and organizational partners. We will continue to grow and engage this group to meet our project objectives and deliverables.
Within this project, WBCSD will hold the secretariat for a partnership between WBCSD, The Climate Group and CDP in 2019.
Main tasks include:
Work with the REmobility Manager to deliver the objectives of the REmobility program, including developing:
- Knowledge products with member companies, a business adoption toolkit for corporate customers and a set of policy recommendations.
- Mobilising and engaging the main companies in the value chain around an ambitious action plan.
- Identification of demonstration projects and bringing together stakeholders to help plan and execute these projects.
- Manage relationship with key non-corporate partners and funding agencies. This includes keeping track of work being undertaken by partners, reporting on deliverables and budget on behalf of the partners.
- Represent WBCSD on energy within the business community, among policymakers and other stakeholders at key events in India.
Key competencies include:
- University degree education with a technical/science (engineering, energy) or an economics/financial background.
- Minimum 4 years’ professional experience gained in a new energies / mobility industry setting.
- Background in consulting or a relevant experience in multi-stakeholder engagement platforms will be preferred.
- Experience of thriving in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Excellent understanding of regulatory and commercial factors affecting energy and mobility projects.
- Strong personal interest in the global energy transition, especially electric mobility.
- Client relationships: Ability to manage key relationships with supporting companies, and to bring in additional companies as partners.
- Facilitation and stakeholder engagement: Evidence of successfully aligning different stakeholders and the ability to create effective relationships with new partners or stakeholders. Capacity to be assertive and take initiative when appropriate.
- Project development and management: Ability to organize and run workshops, events and webinars independently. Capacity to work independently, identify and proactively address problems and work to multiple deadlines.
- Communication: Engaging communicator both in person and in writing, ability to adjust style of communication to suit audience (e.g. present technical topics to a non-technical audience).
- Language skills: Fluency in English (written and spoken) is critical, fluency in Hindi is an advantage.
This is a full-time position based in New Delhi, India and this is a one-year contract starting ideally on December 1st, 2018.
WBCSD offers competitive employment conditions and salary, a flexible working environment and the chance to join a team of professionals who share the motivation to deliver business solutions for a sustainable world.
Please also note that the WBCSD will only respond to candidates selected for the interview process.