|Location||London, United Kingdom|
December 10, 2018
The World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD) is a global, CEO-led organization of over 200 leading businesses working together to accelerate the transition to a sustainable world. We help make our member companies more successful and sustainable by focusing on the maximum positive impact for shareholders, the environment and societies.
Our member companies come from all business sectors and all major economies, representing combined revenues of more than USD $8.5 trillion and 19 million employees. Our global network of almost 70 national business councils gives our members unparalleled reach across the globe. WBCSD is uniquely positioned to work with member companies along and across value chains to deliver impactful business solutions to the most challenging sustainability issues.
Together, we are the leading voice of business for sustainability: with a vision of a world where more than nine billion people are all living well and within the boundaries of our planet, by 2050.
Redefining Value is a flagship program at WBCSD. We are a team of accounting, finance and sustainability experts focused on providing our global members with opportunities to lead in the measurement, valuation and reporting of ESG impacts and dependencies. We work with business to develop, implement and scale ground breaking and innovative solutions that support better business decision making leading to purpose driven disclosure and better capital allocations. Since 2014, the Redefining Value program has been working in partnership with the leading organizations in the fields of enterprise risk management, accounting, assurance, governance, technology and investors. Together, we’re influencing measurement, valuation and reporting in our member companies and beyond – all the while encouraging mainstream actors around the world embed ESG related risks and opportunities and disclosures into corporate decision making and reporting.
The Redefining Value portfolio of projects currently includes: Enterprise Risk Management (with COSO), Integrated Performance Management, Governance and Internal Oversight, Measurement and Valuation of Natural, Social and Human Capitals (NCC and SHCC), Purpose Driven Disclosure, The Reporting Exchange, Reporting Matters, TCFD Implementation, Assurance and Internal Control (with IAASB), Aligning Retirement Assets. In addition we are developing a CFO network to guide and support our work.
We are looking for a dynamic and talented Manager / Director to take the lead on implementation of the ERM work, build relationships with implementation and other partners, to manage the day to day operations of the CFO Network. This is a full-time, fixed term position based at the WBCSD offices in London (UK) reporting to Rodney Irwin, Managing Director and WBCSD Senior Management Team member. The position will be a managerial or director role depending on qualifications and experience.
Responsibilities and duties
- Strengthen the WBCSD business narrative on measurement, valuation and reporting.
- Position WBCSD as the leading voice for business solutions across key global reporting and policy forums, debates and analysis
- Strengthen value-adding long-term relationships with relevant partner and funding organizations
- Support staff development and manage talent pipeline
- Manage annual planning and budgeting for areas under responsibility
- Maximize quality and impact of risk management implementation
- Ensure the impact of all projects areas is widely communicated and understood
- Grow member engagement in Redefining Value projects
- Identify and secure resources to support projects
- Leverage networks and projects to recruit new WBCSD members
- Position WBCSD strategically with partners and stakeholders
- Relationship management (internal and external)
- Monitor projects against plans and deliverables
- Oversee reporting requirements for funders and internal decision making
- Manage secondments and indirect reporting lines
- Support team members on content development as required
- Represent the WBCSD and the program to relevant global audiences, with conviction and polish, including media activities, stakeholder and other key
- Create and review communications materials
The ideal candidate will have significant business experience in mainstream corporate reporting, sustainability reporting and coupled with successful NGO and/or government interaction and a deep understanding of the challenges and opportunities across various sectors. The candidate should have the following competencies:
- Background: Degree level education with a preference for economics, accounting, law, management background. Industry experience and good understanding of an emerging technologies and
- Experience: minimum 10 - 15 years’ experience, of which at least 10 years in the private sector Specific skills:
- Strategy & Project management: Demonstrate superb project management / organizational skills to strategically structure a multi-year program with accountability for meeting budget and schedule commitments while pragmatically delivering real
- Facilitation and stakeholder engagement: Evidence of successfully engaging with a wide range of different stakeholders (from CFO to technical experts, standard setters, and other stakeholders) and creating shared vision across diverse
- Capacity to work independently: proactively address problems and work to deadlines.
- Communication: Engaging communicator across cultures both in person and in writing, ability to adjust style of communication to suit audience (e.g. present technical topics to a non-technical audience).
- Multi-Tasking: Ability to work with and for multiple work streams
- Bring and convey passion and drive to attract and motivate additional companies, organizations and individuals to the
- Show diplomacy and sensitivity to different opinions and approaches, managing a range of views and interests with first class negotiating and facilitation
- Language skills: Fluency in English (written and spoken) is critical, fluency in additional languages is an advantage.
The position is full-time and based in London, UK, but will also require international travel.
WBCSD is a purpose driven, forward-thinking and action-oriented organization, characterised by diversity of gender, nationalities and work experiences.
The Work Environment:
WBCSD offers a competitive, modern, and flexible working arrangement:
- Geneva-based organization with offices in London, New Delhi and New York City
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- State-of-the-art facilities and ICT-enabled working tools
- Flex-time and part-time possibilities
- Dynamic working atmosphere
- Open culture encouraging interaction and sharing of ideas and opinions
- International relocation support
- Sustainable commuting incentives
- Annual community service
Please also note that WBCSD will only respond to candidates selected for the interview process.