|Location||Maison de la Paix, Chemin Eugène-Rigot 2B, Genève, Switzerland|
|Date Posted||29 September 2020|
Deadline for application: 11 October 2020
The World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD) is a global, CEO-led organization of over 200 leading businesses working together to accelerate the transition to a sustainable world. We help make our member companies more successful and sustainable by focusing on the maximum positive impact for shareholders, the environment and societies.
Our member companies come from all business sectors and all major economies, representing combined revenues of more than USD 8.5 trillion and 19 million employees. Our global network of almost 70 national business councils gives our members unparalleled reach across the globe. Since 1995, WBCSD has been uniquely positioned to work with member companies along and across value chains to deliver impactful business solutions to the most challenging sustainability issues.
Together, we lead the business voice for sustainability with a vision of a world where more than nine billion people live well and within the boundaries of our planet, by 2050.
As a Manager in the WBCSD Mobility program, you will gain thought leadership in sustainable urban mobility and shape collaborative projects with leading global companies in the sector to steer the ongoing transformation towards a more sustainable future. Taking advantage of the high pace of changes and the expertise of our members, you will advocate across sectors for a safer, more accessible, more efficient mobility and strive for impactful projects and pilots. Working in the WBCSD mobility team, you will also take part in WBCSD events and gain exposure to sustainability leaders and executives across our projects and programs.
Responsibilities and duties
As a Manager in Mobility you:
- Create thought leadership and advocate for change in the industry and the global community
- Lead global collaborative projects that deliver impactful results
- Organize and facilitate high-level events with leaders and experts across sectors
- Coordinate an insightful multi-stakeholder process and create value that drives action.
To join the team, we would expect you to bring:
- A master-level education in a relevant field like Mobility, Transport or transport-related policy
- 7 to 10 years' experience in the topic of mobility, with exposure to private and public mobility transformation at a national or global level.
- Track record in shaping and leading multi-stakeholder projects to fruition.
- Technical fluency on the ongoing paradigm shift in electrification, mobility digitalization and urban mobility patterns
You’ll be able to demonstrate:
- Strategic thinking and the ability to synthesize input into leading-edge concepts for action
- Excellent facilitation capabilities, with instinct on how to bring the best out of people’s ideas
- Excellent written and verbal communication allowing to exchange with C-level members
- Good organizational skills and the ability to plan and manage different priorities simultaneously
- Adaptability to changing situations and processes and make the most out of every situation
As a person you are:
- Driven by the idea of sustainability and improving the state of the world
- An Energetic, fast and resilient performance seeker
- Positive, empathetic and demonstrate excellent listening capabilities
- You thrive in complex topics and enjoy mobilizing the collective intelligence to find solutions
Certifications - Expectations
- Fluent in English language minimum, every other language is a plus
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Salesforce experience is an advantage
- Problem-solving tools, design thinking, strategic thinking tools will be useful.
The position is full-time and based in Geneva but will also require international travel once the pandemic is contained.
WBCSD is a purpose-driven, forward-thinking and action-oriented organization, characterized by the diversity of gender, nationalities and work experiences.
The work environment:
WBCSD offers a competitive, modern, and flexible working arrangement:
- A Geneva-based organization with offices in London, New Delhi, Singapore and New York City
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- State-of-the-art facilities and ICT-enabled working tools
- Flex-time and part-time possibilities (including remote-work)
- Dynamic working atmosphere
- Open culture encouraging interaction and sharing of ideas and opinions
- International relocation support
- Sustainable commuting incentives
Please also note that WBCSD will only respond to candidates selected for the interview process.