|Published||3 May 2021|
Deadline for applications 17/05/2021
The World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD) is a global, CEO-led organization of over 200 leading businesses working together to accelerate the transition to a sustainable world. We help make our member companies more successful and sustainable by focusing on the maximum positive impact for shareholders, the environment and societies.
Our member companies come from all business sectors and all major economies, representing combined revenues of more than USD $8.5 trillion and 19 million employees. Our global network of almost 70 national business councils gives our members unparalleled reach across the globe. Since 1995, WBCSD has been uniquely positioned to work with member companies along and across value chains to deliver impactful business solutions to the most challenging sustainability issues. Together, we are the leading voice of business for sustainability: with a vision of a world where more than nine billion people are all living well and within the boundaries of our planet, by 2050.
WBCSD is looking for a highly experienced communications manager within the Climate and Energy team to provide strategic communications support for projects aimed at accelerating climate recovery. This role will support the overall WBCSD communications team, and you will work alongside a team of climate experts to support our member's climate ambitions. You will execute communications strategies and lead media outreach, publication releases, speaking opportunities, key events, and other external engagement opportunities. As a membership organisation and a key coalition partner for We Mean Business, WBCSD has a network of partners and you will regularly liaise with a variety of external stakeholders to manage communication plans and support our membership.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Work with the Climate and Energy team to develop communication strategies to advance our member ambitions
- Work with the Climate and Energy team to continue to develop our undelying strategy and the communications messaging to support it
- Develop key messages to support Climate & Energy projects with internal and external audiences
- Lead media engagement and secure coverage in key titles including the development and distribution of press releases and media materials
- Manage high level events and speaking engagements including briefing senior leadership in preparation for events
- Create and develop communication materials, including opinion pieces, social media posts and editorial content
- Oversee the management of the social media posts for Climate & Energy topics
- Build and foster collaborative relationships with communication experts across the WBCSD network
- Track and evaluate metrics of success, and adapt strategies to grow and improve outreach results
Qualifications and Skills
- 5-7 years full time professional experience working in public relations or communications with knowledge of climate and sustainability
- Undergraduate degree as a minimum and excellent spoken and written English are required
- Experience of media relations and outreach and good media relationships in climate and sustainability space
- Experience of working in a complex stakeholder environment and managing relationships is desirable
- Ability to think creatively and collaboratively about all elements of communications work
The position is full-time and can be based in Geneva but we also welcome appliacants from other locations no more than two time zones away from Central European time. Applicants should be prepared to travel as needed.
WBCSD is a purpose driven, forward-thinking and action-oriented organization, characterised by diversity of gender, nationalities and work experiences.
THE WORK ENVIRONMENT:
WBCSD offers a competitive, modern, and flexible working arrangement:
- Geneva-based organization with offices in London, New Delhi, Singapore and New York City
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- State-of-the-art facilities and ICT-enabled working tools
- Flex-time and part-time possibilities
- Dynamic working atmosphere
- Open culture encouraging interaction and sharing of ideas and opinions
- International relocation support
- Sustainable commuting incentives
Please also note that WBCSD will only respond to candidates selected for the interview process.