|Published||27 June 2022|
|Location||Amsterdam, London, United Kingdom|
Deadline for applications: 15 July 2022
The World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD) is a global, CEO-led organization of over 200 leading businesses working together to accelerate the transition to a sustainable world. We help make our member companies more successful and sustainable by focusing on the maximum positive impact for shareholders, the environment and societies.
Our member companies come from all business sectors and all major economies, representing combined revenues of more than USD $8.5 trillion and 19 million employees. Our global network of almost 70 national business councils gives our members unparalleled reach across the globe. Since 1995, WBCSD has been uniquely positioned to work with member companies along and across value chains to deliver impactful business solutions to the most challenging sustainability issues.
Together, we are the leading voice of business for sustainability: with a vision of a world where more than nine billion people are all living well and within the boundaries of our planet, by 2050.
WBCSD is seeking an experienced manager to join WBCSD’s CFO Network team, focusing on shaping and implementing ESG disclosure standards.
The CFO Network is a focused group of 40 CFOs from across WBCSD’s membership. Together, they are working to shift the financial system to reward the most sustainable businesses and behaviors. The focus for 2022 is on shaping and progressing global conversations around ESG standardization, redesigning engagement with capital markets, and defining the “S” in ESG.
The ideal candidate has a strong commitment to sustainability, deep knowledge and experience in ESG and sustainability reporting, a strong understanding of the financial lens on sustainability, stellar communication skills, demonstrated experience delivering for high level executives, and is motivated to support the growth of WBCSD’s emerging CFO Network with an ambition to shift the financial system to reward sustainable companies and activities.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with some of the brightest minds in sustainability, representing the voice and perspectives of forward-thinking business across international for a – including through the International Sustainable Standards Board (ISSB); European Financial Reporting Advisory Group (EFRAG); the US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC); and voluntary standards and frameworks.
Responsibilities and duties
- Catalyze engagement with existing CFOs across the network on ESG disclosure standardization
- Engagement with standard setting bodies and representatives, government representatives, industry associations and NGOs
- Manage team to deliver specific and meaningful feedback to ESG standardization bodies
- Deliver tools, resources and approaches for supporting CFOs and member companies in preparing for and implementing upcoming ESG disclosure standards
- Support recruitment of new CFOs into the WBCSD CFO network
- Maintain connection and continuity across other projects within the CFO Network, specifically with respects to projects exploring engagement with capital markets and the “S” in ESG
- Following and engaging in sustainable finance policy developments
- Coordination with key partners to align on messaging and feedback inputting into key standardization processes
- Contribute to published thought leadership on the future of ESG reporting standardization
- Post-graduate degree in international relations; policy; law; governance; sustainability; finance; accounting or similar.
- Five to ten years’ experience working in a fast-paced environment with a focus on business, sustainability and ESG, preferably in a finance and/or accounting environment. Experience with sustainability reporting, accounting standards and finance policy. Proven ability to work across time zones and with a diverse, international team.
- Excellent communicator with high fluency in English, written and spoken
- Strong knowledge of current events in the business and sustainability landscape with respect to ESG disclosure standardization, sustainable finance policy and the role of business
- The ability to work independently and meet deadlines under pressure
- Meticulous attention to detail and rigour
- Impeccable professionalism and experience delivering for executives
- Deep knowledge and experience of ESG reporting landscape (ISSB, EFRAG, GRI, SASB, TCFD etc)
The selected candidate is:
- Passionate about harnessing the financial system to promote more sustainable outcomes
- Responsive, reliable
- An excellent communicator and collaborator
The position is full-time. This position can be based in either the UK, Switzerland, the Netherlands or on the East Coast of the United States. The position will also require occasional international travel.
WBCSD is a purpose driven, forward-thinking and action-oriented organization, characterised by diversity of gender, nationalities and work experiences.
The Work Environment:
WBCSD offers a competitive, modern, and flexible working arrangement:
- Geneva-based organization with offices in London, New Delhi, Singapore and New York City
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- State-of-the-art facilities and ICT-enabled working tools
- Flex-time and part-time possibilities
- Dynamic working atmosphere
- Open culture encouraging interaction and sharing of ideas and opinions
- International relocation support
- Sustainable commuting incentives
Please also note that WBCSD will only respond to candidates selected for the interview process.