|Date Posted||10 May 2021|
Deadline for application: 24/05/2021
The World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD) is a global, CEO-led organization of over 200 leading businesses working together to accelerate the transition to a sustainable world. We help make our member companies more successful and sustainable by focusing on the maximum positive impact for shareholders, the environment and societies.
Our member companies come from all business sectors and all major economies, representing combined revenues of more than USD $8.5 trillion and 19 million employees. Our global network of almost 70 national business councils gives our members unparalleled reach across the globe. Since 1995, WBCSD has been uniquely positioned to work with member companies along and across value chains to deliver impactful business solutions to the most challenging sustainability issues.
Together, we are the leading voice of business for sustainability: with a vision of a world where more than nine billion people are all living well and within the boundaries of our planet, by 2050.
Our Global Events team is looking for a full-time Manager for a maternity cover during seven months (July 2021 – January 2022). Based in Geneva, the candidate will support the Director of Global Events and her team in organizing successful international events and strengthen WBCSD’s engagement at key international conferences.
Responsibilities and duties
- Support the Director of Global Events in the strategic positioning as well as planning, management and delivery of successful online and in-person international events.
- Assist the Events team in the successful transition to a digital/hybrid format and implement innovative strategies to strengthen participation to WBCSD events.
- Lead event related projects by preparing budgets, milestone and communication plans, and monitor progress against targets.
- Ensure timely delivery of commitments towards both internal and external clients as well as key partners.
- Supervise end-to-end orchestration of logistics for events, from contracting and invoicing, to the management of suppliers and delivery.
- Manage the events budget and support the Events Director in developing innovative means to generate revenue and engage sponsors.
- Own all data management processes in relation to key events and maintain data hygiene by collecting, monitoring, documenting and maintaining data in Salesforce.
- Assist the Events Director in managing the team by supervising junior events staff.
- Provide administrative support and manage event related inquiries with help from the team.
- University degree in business management, hospitality or related fields
- 6 - 10 years of relevant work experience
- Excellent project and time management skills
- Strong negotiation, analytical and financial skills with the ability to manage and optimize complex budgets
- “Can-do” attitude, able to analyze problems and proactive in finding solutions
- Calm and organized work approach with strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize effectively and work under pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communications as well as presentation skills
- Proficiency using MS Office products, Word, Excel, PowerPoint as well as Salesforce and online meeting tools Microsoft Teams and Zoom
- Proficiency in English. French a plus
- Ability to travel internationally when needed/possible
WBCSD offers a competitive, modern, and flexible working arrangement:
- Geneva-based organization with offices in London, New Delhi, Singapore and New York City
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- State-of-the-art facilities and ICT-enabled working tools
- Flex-time and work from home possibilities
- Dynamic working atmosphere
- Open culture encouraging interaction and sharing of ideas
- Sustainable commuting incentives
Kindly note that WBCSD will only respond to candidates selected for the interview process.