|Location||London, United Kingdom|
June 22, 2018
WBCSD is a global, CEO-led organization of over 200 leading businesses working together to accelerate the transition to a sustainable world. We help make our member companies more successful and sustainable by focusing on the maximum positive impact for shareholders, the environment and societies.
Our member companies come from all business sectors and all major economies, representing combined revenues of more than $8.5 trillion and 19 million employees. Our global network of almost 70 national business councils gives our members unparalleled reach across the globe. WBCSD is uniquely positioned to work with member companies along and across value chains to deliver impactful business solutions to the most challenging sustainability issues.
Together, we are the leading voice of business for sustainability: united by our vision of a world where more than 9 billion people are all living well and within the boundaries of our planet, by 2050.
The Redefining Value program
In 2014, the WBCSD launched the Redefining Value program with a vision that by 2050, all companies will measure, value and report their true value, true costs and true profits. To do this, companies need to go beyond just accounting for financial capital. They need to take an integrated approach, via a better understanding of how to incorporate and account for their natural and social capital as well.
This program offers one full-time internship position, based in London, UK to work across a range of projects across our ‘improving decision making’ portfolio of projects. We are undertaking major projects on governance and integrated performance management to develop insights and tools to assist companies to embed sustainability within their strategies, operations, performance management and governance. Our projects are aimed at helping companies to strengthen their decision-making by becoming more resilient and have a sharper focus on long-term value creation.
Interns will report day to day to the Director, Redefining Value program.
Main tasks include:
- Undertake and write up research to support governance, integrated performance management and risk management projects
- Provide support to the directors and managing director to prepare presentations and other materials as needed
- Provide editorial support and other activities to support the London team; and
- Assist in project management of decision-making projects.
Key competencies include:
- University degree in a discipline related to corporate law and/or management accounting;
- Ability to work independently with little supervision and demonstrate willingness to take initiative and read as an essential part of daily work;
- Proven research, analytical, writing and attention to details skills;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook);
- Good organizational skills to anticipate, plan, organize and self-monitor workload; and
- Fluency - both written and oral - in English.
The candidate should be an EU national with full rights to work in the UK. This position is based in our London Office.
Candidates should be available to start on Monday 9 July, 2018.
The WBCSD offers a flexible working environment and the chance to join a team of professionals who share the motivation to deliver business solutions for a sustainable world.
In accordance with WBCSD policies, interns will receive a competitive honorarium. Costs and arrangements for travel, accommodation and living expenses are the responsibilities of interns and/or their supporting organizations.
Please also note that the WBCSD will only respond to candidates selected for the interview process.