|Date Posted||8 April 2021|
Deadline for applications: 22/04/2021
The World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD) is a global, CEO-led organization of over 200 leading businesses working together to accelerate the transition to a sustainable world. We help make our member companies more successful and sustainable by focusing on the maximum positive impact for shareholders, the environment and societies.
Our member companies come from all business sectors and all major economies, representing combined revenues of more than USD $8.5 trillion and 19 million employees. Our global network of almost 70 national business councils gives our members unparalleled reach across the globe. Since 1995, WBCSD has been uniquely positioned to work with member companies along and across value chains to deliver impactful business solutions to the most challenging sustainability issues.
Together, we are the leading voice of business for sustainability: with a vision of a world where more than nine billion people are all living well and within the boundaries of our planet, by 2050.
The Natural Climate Solutions team is seeking to hire an intern to support the Natural Climate Solutions (NCS) Project. Natural Climate Solutions–such as forest, grassland or mangrove conservation and restoration–can avoid or remove carbon emissions from the atmosphere and therefore are critical in helping to combat climate change. WBCSD’s NCS project identifies and addresses the barriers that companies face in investing in NCS, to help NCS expand to their full potential for the benefit of climate, nature and human well-being. The candidate will support the NCS team’s work with our internal member’s working group, and the Natural Climate Solutions Alliance, a broad multi-stakeholder coalition shaping industry-wide guidelines on the best practice use of NCS.
Responsibilities and duties
- Support the organization and administration of meetings, workshops, webinars or other events organized or attended by the Natural Climate Solutions team.
- Contribute to research and drafting of reports or guidance on thematic topics on NCS;
- Create professional presentations for the project to use in communicating to companies and partners;
- Contribute to our communications campaign and social media presence;
- Participate in calls and meetings with companies and partner organizations to learn more about WBCSD, how we work, our relationships with other organizations;
- Participate in regular team calls and meetings.
- A Master’s degree, or equivalent, in business and finance, environmental science, or sustainability.
- Experience in or familiarity with carbon markets, offsetting/insetting approaches, NCS project development, investing in NCS, or the role of nature within corporate climate change strategies.
- Strong Microsoft Office365 skills (Powerpoint, Excel, Word, Outlook etc.)
- Capacity to work independently, proactively address problems and meet deadlines.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and ad hoc demands simultaneously.
- Thrives and maintains professionalism working a in fast-paced, collaborative environment where priorities can change rapidly.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English, fluency in additional languages is an advantage.
The position will be full-time until 31st December 2021 and will report to the Manager, Natural Climate Solutions. The internship can be based in Geneva, Switzerland, or remotely. Candidates wishing to work in Switzerland must hold a valid Swiss work or student permit and/or be a Swiss or EU national. Candidates wishing to work remotely should be within one hour of Central European Time and will work on an external consulting contract.
WBCSD is a purpose driven, forward-thinking and action-oriented organization, characterised by diversity of gender, nationalities and work experiences.
THE WORK ENVIRONMENT:
WBCSD offers a competitive, modern, and flexible working arrangement:
- Geneva-based organization with offices in London, New Delhi, Singapore and New York City
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- State-of-the-art facilities and ICT-enabled working tools
- Flex-time and part-time possibilities
- Dynamic working atmosphere
- Open culture encouraging interaction and sharing of ideas and opinions
- Sustainable commuting incentives
Please also note that WBCSD will only respond to candidates selected for the interview process.