|Date Posted||12 June 2021|
Deadline for applications: 04/07/2021
The World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD) is a global, CEO-led organization of over 200 leading businesses working together to accelerate the transition to a sustainable world. We help make our member companies more successful and sustainable by focusing on the maximum positive impact for shareholders, the environment and societies.
Our member companies come from all business sectors and all major economies, representing combined revenues of more than USD $8.5 trillion and 19 million employees. Our global network of almost 70 national business councils gives our members unparalleled reach across the globe. Since 1995, WBCSD has been uniquely positioned to work with member companies along and across value chains to deliver impactful business solutions to the most challenging sustainability issues.
Together, we are the leading voice of business for sustainability: with a vision of a world where more than nine billion people are all living well and within the boundaries of our planet, by 2050.
We are seeking for an Associate, Accounting, fully-time position on a fixed-term contract to start ASAP and until 31 December 2021, with a possibility of extension.
The Associate, Accounting is supporting AP and AR activities; this includes booking of the claims, vendor and customer invoices.
The Associate, Accounting will support the finance team in the definition of the new finance processes.
The Associate, Accounting will be included in ad hoc project depending on the needs of the Manager, Accounting and Payroll
Responsibilities and duties
- Prepare and follow up on Expense Claim from employees.
- Record and book incoming purchase invoices and prepare the payment file.
- Create and update Sales orders.
- Send Sales invoices to our members.
- Follow up on outstanding invoices.
- File purchase and sales contracts.
- Support in the development, writing and implementation of finance processes.
- Support the associate finance where appropriate with special projects and ad hoc work.
- Diploma in accounting, ideally Bachelor degree
- Ideally 3 to 5 years of experience in a similar position
Skills and competencies
- Fluency in French and English
- Strong Excel skills
- Strong analytical and data gathering skills
- Flexible / Multi task
- Meticulous, attentive to details
THE WORK ENVIRONMENT:
WBCSD offers a competitive, modern, and flexible working arrangement:
- Geneva-based organization with offices in London, New Delhi, Singapore and New York City
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- State-of-the-art facilities and ICT-enabled working tools
- Flex-time and part-time possibilities
- Dynamic working atmosphere
- Open culture encouraging interaction and sharing of ideas and opinions
- Sustainable commuting incentives
Please also note that WBCSD will only respond to candidates selected for the interview process.