|Date Posted||26 February 2021|
Deadline for applications: 12 March 2021
The World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD) is a global, CEO-led organization of over 200 leading businesses working together to accelerate the transition to a sustainable world. We help make our member companies more successful and sustainable by focusing on the maximum positive impact for shareholders, the environment and societies.
Our member companies come from all business sectors and all major economies, representing combined revenues of more than USD $8.5 trillion and 19 million employees. Our global network of almost 70 national business councils gives our members unparalleled reach across the globe. Since 1995, WBCSD has been uniquely positioned to work with member companies along and across value chains to deliver impactful business solutions to the most challenging sustainability issues.
Together, we are the leading voice of business for sustainability: with a vision of a world where more than nine billion people are all living well and within the boundaries of our planet, by 2050.
WBCSD’s Forest Solutions Group is the global platform where business in the forest products value chain build and share solutions to lead sustainable development in the forest sector. FSG’s mission is to advance the bio-economy and a thriving forest sector that sustains healthy productive forests & people's well-being. FSG members adhere to a set of membership principles and report on key performance indicators to demonstrate leadership and prove progress on sustainability.
The WBCSD’s Forest Solutions Group is seeking an Intern to support the implementation of the workplan together with the FSG members, service providers and external stakeholders. The Intern will be part of the FSG secretariat, report to the FSG project Lead, and work in close collaboration with WBCSD’s Food & Nature program and other relevant areas of WBCSD.
Responsibilities and duties
- Support the analysis, insights generation and communications related to the results of FSG members’ 2021 key performance indicators.
- Support the delivery of a workshop focused on human rights in the forest sector, as well as the release of an issue brief capturing the key outcomes of the discussions.
- Support the development and release of a communication piece on the role of the forest sector in the UN Decade of Ecosystem Restoration.
- Support the scoping, kick-off and development of a Forest Sector Roadmap to Net Zero, in collaboration with a network of key external forest stakeholders.
- Provide support as requested to deliver on the agreed workplan such as coordination, content preparation and delivery of regular working group calls and workshops, as well as the coordination of FSG members’ contribution to joint deliverables.
- University level education (Bachelor/on-going Master’s degree) or equivalent professional qualification in foresty, sustainable development, business management or related discipline.
- Previous experience working with NGOs and/or the private sector is an asset.
- Project management: day-to-day project management, planning, and execution including working with a wide range of companies and/or stakeholders from different regions to achieve common goals and objectives.
- Communication: ability to communicate effectively (in-person and in written) with people at all levels and with different backgrounds.
- Multi-tasking: ability to manage own projects and ad hoc demands simultaneously, set priorities, effectively utilize available resources, identify and address problems, and meet deadlines.
- Master MS office tools such as Powerpoint, Excel and Word.
The position is full-time, based in Geneva, for the duration of 6 months. The candidate should be a current holder of a valid Swiss working permit and/or a Swiss or EU national.
WBCSD is a purpose driven, forward-thinking and action-oriented organization, characterized by diversity of gender, nationalities and work experiences.
THE WORK ENVIRONMENT:
WBCSD offers a competitive, modern, and flexible working arrangement:
- Geneva-based organization with offices in London, New Delhi, Singapore and New York City
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- State-of-the-art facilities and ICT-enabled working tools
- Flex-time and part-time possibilities
- Dynamic working atmosphere
- Open culture encouraging interaction and sharing of ideas and opinions
- International relocation support
- Sustainable commuting incentives
Please note that WBCSD will only respond to selected candidate for the interview process.