|Date Posted||3 February 2021|
WBCSD – Job description – Deadline for applications: 03/02/2021
The World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD) is a global, CEO-led organization of over 200 leading businesses working together to accelerate the transition to a sustainable world. We help make our member companies more successful and sustainable by focusing on the maximum positive impact for shareholders, the environment and societies.
Our member companies come from all business sectors and all major economies, representing combined revenues of more than USD $8.5 trillion and 19 million employees. Our global network of almost 70 national business councils gives our members unparalleled reach across the globe. Since 1995, WBCSD has been uniquely positioned to work with member companies along and across value chains to deliver impactful business solutions to the most challenging sustainability issues.
Together, we are the leading voice of business for sustainability: with a vision of a world where more than nine billion people are all living well and within the boundaries of our planet, by 2050.
The Circular Economy team is seeking to hire an intern for a six-month period to support both Factor10 and Circular Electronics Partnership projects. The candidate will be responsible for managing the Factor10 Circular Metrics workstream and support the Director in the launch of the Circular Electronics Partnership. Specifically, the candidate will:
- Support the Director of Circular Economy in the launch of the Circular Electronics Partnership (CEP), upcoming publications and communications;
- Coordinate with and support the Circular Economy Communications Lead on CEP and Factor10 projects.
- Learn how we operate as a Circular Economy Program, generate ideas of how we can be more effective and vocalize those ideas with the team.
Responsibilities and duties
- Support Director of Circular Economy establish the Circular Electronics Partnership initiative, Secretariat and first two publications.
- Manage administrative and logistic needs for CEP and Factor10 to ensure related meetings, events and communications are executed to plan;
- Create professional presentations for the projects and program to use in communicating to companies and partners; and
- Coordinate with teammates in the Circular Economy Program as needed.
- Participate in calls and meetings with companies and partner organizations to learn more about WBCSD, how we work, our relationships with other organizations.
- Present as necessary insights and recommendations to internal stakeholders.
- Participate in regular team calls and meetings.
- Education: Bachelors university degree level education in sustainability, circular economy, sustainable business or similar desired. Masters degree a plus.
- Minimum 1 year experience.
- Familiarity with and strong interest in the circular economy. Experience in circular economy-related projects is desirable.
- Strong Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel and Word experience. Familiarity with Salesforce a plus.
- Capacity to work independently, proactively address problems and meet deadlines.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and ad hoc demands simultaneously.
- Thrives when working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment and understands that the ebb and flow of team priorities may require “all hands on-deck” at times.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English are critical, fluency in additional languages is an advantage.
The position is a full-time, 6-month internship position and based in Geneva, Switzerland but may also require international travel. WBCSD is a purpose driven, forward-thinking and action-oriented organization, characterised by diversity of gender, nationalities and work experiences.
THE WORK ENVIRONMENT:
WBCSD offers a competitive, modern, and flexible working arrangement:
- Geneva-based organization with offices in London, New Delhi, Singapore and New York City
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- State-of-the-art facilities and ICT-enabled working tools
- Flex-time and part-time possibilities
- Dynamic working atmosphere
- Open culture encouraging interaction and sharing of ideas and opinions
- International relocation support
- Sustainable commuting incentives
Please also note that WBCSD will only respond to candidates selected for the interview process.