|17 December 2020
Deadline for applications: 08 January 2021
The World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD) is a global, CEO-led organization of over 200 leading businesses working together to accelerate the transition to a sustainable world. We help make our member companies more successful and sustainable by focusing on the maximum positive impact for shareholders, the environment and societies.
Our member companies come from all business sectors and all major economies, representing combined revenues of more than USD $8.5 trillion and 19 million employees. Our global network of almost 70 national business councils gives our members unparalleled reach across the globe. WBCSD is uniquely positioned to work with member companies along and across value chains to deliver impactful business solutions to the most challenging sustainability issues.
Together, we are the leading voice of business for sustainability: with a vision of a world where more than nine billion people are all living well and within the boundaries of our planet, by 2050
The WBCSD is seeking an Intern, Built Environment to support the implementation of work on sustainable cities and the built environment, in particular related to the main topics of the different work streams, being:
- Climate change (decarbonization, net zero carbon emission, life cycle emissions)
- Circular Economy
- Urban Planning
- Impact and climate finance of cities
- Nature Based Solutions
This is a full-time position based in Geneva, Switzerland. Swiss or EU working permit is required.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Support the day to day activities
- Assistance in maintaining overview of project timelines, tracking progress and representation of impact
- Maintain database (Microsoft Teams & Salesforce) and shared folders
- Support to keep project website up to date.
- Research, analyze, present and develop short briefs of latest developments or key publications
- Provide review and feedback to internal and external draft publications
- Map key stakeholders, existing initiatives, activities and draft short reports
- Collect case studies on circular and sustainable built environment
- Undertake interviews
- Support engagement of projects’ member & key partners (such as GlobalABC, WeMeanBusiness, C40, etc).
- Assist in identify, align and engage key partners
- Assist in handling member queries and follow up
- Draft minutes and notes
- Participate in meetings/events as needed and provide feedbacks.
- Support the organization of online meetings, workshops, webinar and events.
- University degree in a discipline related to Sustainability, Economics or International Development
- Strong academic knowledge of the principles of sustainable development
- Robust understanding of the United Nation’s 2030 Agenda and the Sustainable Development Goals, Climate Change, Sustainability in Cities, Circular Economy
- Previous internship in sustainability is a plus
- Ability to work independently with little supervision and deliver on project timelines/deadlines. Willingness to take initiative and attention to detail
- Proven research and analytical skills and aptitude to read various reports and articles throughout the day
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Microsoft Office, PowerPoint and Excel proficiency. Experience with Web Content Management, MS Teams & Salesforce
- Good organizational skills to anticipate, plan, organize and self-monitor workload
- Perfect fluency - both written and oral - in English (any other language is a plus)
Duration: 5 months extendable starting January.
WBCSD is a purpose driven, forward-thinking and action-oriented organization, characterized by diversity of gender, nationalities and work experiences.
The Work Environment:
WBCSD offers a competitive, modern, and flexible working arrangement:
- Geneva-based organization with offices in London, New Delhi, Singapore and New York City
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- State-of-the-art facilities and ICT-enabled working tools
- Flex-time and part-time possibilities
- Dynamic working atmosphere
- Open culture encouraging interaction and sharing of ideas and opinions
- International relocation support
- Sustainable commuting incentives
Please also note that WBCSD will only respond to candidates selected for the interview process.