|Location||London, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||23 January 2021|
Deadline for applications: 05/02/2021
The World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD) is a global, CEO-led organization of over 200 leading businesses working together to accelerate the transition to a sustainable world. We help make our member companies more successful and sustainable by focusing on the maximum positive impact for shareholders, the environment and societies.
Our member companies come from all business sectors and all major economies, representing combined revenues of more than USD $8.5 trillion and 19 million employees. Our global network of almost 70 national business councils gives our members unparalleled reach across the globe. Since 1995, WBCSD has been uniquely positioned to work with member companies along and across value chains to deliver impactful business solutions to the most challenging sustainability issues.
Together, we are the leading voice of business for sustainability: with a vision of a world where more than nine billion people are all living well and within the boundaries of our planet, by 2050.
The Just Rural Transition (JRT) initiative was launched by the UK at the UN Climate Action Summit in September 2019 to address one of the critical challenges of the coming decade: providing nutritious food for a growing global population while protecting the vital natural systems which sustain life. The JRT brings together a powerful and growing alliance of over 100 committed governments, farmers organisations, companies, investors, researchers and civil society to create a “community of purpose” working towards a new vision for sustainable land use, aligned with the Paris Targets and the SDGs. The JRT Secretariat is based at Meridian Institute, and WBCSD manages the JRT’s workstream on scaling investments, the Investment Partnership Network (IPN).
WBCSD is seeking a Communications and Engagement Intern, Investment Partnership Network, to support engagement efforts around the IPN’s goal of scaling finance for sustainable agriculture that reaches rural communities. Key engagement objectives for the Investment Partnership Network include:
- Showcasing how private sector investment can contribute to a Just Rural Transition, and how strengthening rural livelihoods is important for business success
- Amplifying the voices of both producers and rural communities, and finance leaders, by bringing them to the table in discussions around scaling investment for a Just Rural Transition
- Driving collective action by supporting public and private sector investors to partner on financing a Just Rural Transition.
This is a full-time position based in Geneva, Switzerland, or London, UK (currently home-based). The candidate must have the right to work in their location of choice. The intern will report to Victoria Crawford, Manager IPN.
Responsibilities and duties
- Support the development of a communications and social media strategy for the IPN, including researching potential channels and media partners, through and with whom to share the IPN’s key messages
- Help develop content for the IPN’s social media campaign, for example collecting footage and editing videos that tell the stories of case studies of investments in the Just Rural Transition, previously collated by the IPN
- Prepare communications materials such as slides and 2-pagers
- Assist in keeping the IPN’s webpage up to date
- Support the organization of online meetings, workshops, webinars and events
- Participate in meetings/events as needed and provide feedback
Project Management and Member Engagement
- Provide administrative support for the day to day activities of the IPN
- Support member engagement, such as handling meeting follow up, and maintaining a database of member engagement
- Provide administrative support in WBCSD’s engagement with the Finance Lever of the UN Food Systems Summit
- Assist in tracking progress and impact, and draft reports, including the IPN’s quarterly activity reports
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant subject, such as sustainable development, agriculture, economics or media/communications
- Robust academic knowledge of at least one of: finance / investment, agriculture, or sustainability
- Strong written and oral communications skills, including writing reports and social media management
- Demonstrated interest in developing content for social media, such as videos or podcasts
- Highly collaborative, including experience of partnering with others through an internship or extracurricular activities
- Willingness to take initiative and high attention to detail
- Microsoft Office, PowerPoint and Excel proficiency. Experience with Web Content Management, MS Teams & Salesforce a plus
- Good organizational skills to anticipate, plan, organize and self-monitor workload, including delivering to deadlines
- Perfect fluency - both written and oral - in English (any other language is a plus)
Duration: 5 months.
WBCSD is a purpose driven, forward-thinking and action-oriented organization, characterised by diversity of gender, nationalities and work experiences.
THE WORK ENVIRONMENT:
WBCSD offers a competitive, modern, and flexible working arrangement:
- Geneva-based organization with offices in London, New Delhi, Singapore and New York City
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- State-of-the-art facilities and ICT-enabled working tools
- Flex-time and part-time possibilities
- Dynamic working atmosphere
- Open culture encouraging interaction and sharing of ideas and opinions
- International relocation support
- Sustainable commuting incentives
Please also note that WBCSD will only respond to candidates selected for the interview process.