|Date Posted||8 July 2019|
The World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD) is a global, CEO-led organization of over 200 leading businesses working together to accelerate the transition to a sustainable world. We help make our member companies more successful and sustainable by focusing on the maximum positive impact for shareholders, the environment and societies.
Our member companies come from all business sectors and all major economies, representing combined revenues of more than USD $8.5 trillion and 19 million employees. Our global network of almost 70 national business councils gives our members unparalleled reach across the globe. WBCSD is uniquely positioned to work with member companies along and across value chains to deliver impactful business solutions to the most challenging sustainability issues.
Together, we are the leading voice of business for sustainability: with a vision of a world where more than nine billion people are all living well and within the boundaries of our planet, by 2050.
WBCSD has an active program on Food & Nature, as one of its six programs to achieve systems transformation targeting the realization of Sustainable Development Goals. Several projects that deliver business solutions to key challenges of the food system are part of this program, including Climate-smart Agriculture, Food Reform for Sustainability and Health (FReSH), Water, Global Agribusiness Alliance (GAA), Forest Solutions Group (FSG) and Biodiversity.
WBCSD is looking to expand member outreach and engagement for the Food & Nature program in India. Specifically, this means to advance collective business-led efforts for context-based solutions of the food system in India as well as to highlight context and solutions led in India on the global platform. The work will add value to the work of the Food & Nature program being shaped globally.
The Associate will be based in the New Delhi office of WBCSD and will interact closely with the Water project team based in the same office, as well as with the project leads of the F&N program based in Geneva. The Food & Nature program engagement that the Associate will be responsible for, will build on the network and experience of the Water project in India. The position is currently being offered for an initial six-month period with an option to extend based on an evaluation of the long-term opportunities for scaling-up F&N related activities in India and availability of funds.
Responsibilities and duties
- Supporting the Food & Nature program activity in India, including organizing meetings, drafting content, managing relationships with member companies and partner organizations in India.
- Collecting intelligence, research, drafting text and developing communication materials such as reports, guidance, factsheets that are linked to the program activity in India.
- Closely supporting the F&N program leads in organizing key member-engagement opportunities, and events for the program in India.
- Day-to-day coordination with WBCSD members and partners for the organization of business participation at the Conference of Parties (COP 14) of the United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification (UNCCD) (September 2019, India).
- Representing WBCSD Food & Nature program within the business community, among policymakers and other stakeholders at key events in India.
- Master’s University degree level education with a background in environmental sciences/management, agricultural studies and / or business administration;
- 3-4 years of professional experience in sustainability-related fields, preferably with a background on food and / or agriculture.
- Knowledge and expertise: Good understanding of the Indian business and policy environment, as well as business-related sustainability issues in India.
- Project management: Evidence of successful project management with an experience in independent project leadership with minimum supervision.
- Client relationships: Ability to manage key relationships with supporting companies and to bring additional companies as members.
- Communication: Excellent written and spoken communication skills with fluency in English.
- Multi-tasking: Ability to manage own projects and ad hoc demands simultaneously.
- Reliable, diligent and consulting work attitude, eligibility to work in India, and flexibility to travelling within India and internationally.
WBCSD is a purpose driven, forward-thinking and action-oriented organization, characterised by diversity of gender, nationalities and work experiences.
The Work Environment:
WBCSD offers a competitive, modern, and flexible working arrangement:
- Geneva-based organization with offices in London, New Delhi, Singapore and New York City
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- State-of-the-art facilities and ICT-enabled working tools
- Dynamic work environment with a good visibility for the work both in India and internationally
- Food & Nature being a global program of WBCSD, the position offers immense scope to explore new engagement opportunities and advance its relevance and value to businesses
- Exposure to a wide range of perspectives through dealing with sustainability leaders and experts
- Small organization in India requiring and offering a variety of tasks for each individual
Please also note that WBCSD will only respond to candidates selected for the interview process.