|Date Posted||13 May 2020|
The World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD) is a global, CEO-led organization of over 200 leading businesses working together to accelerate the transition to a sustainable world. We help make our member companies more successful and sustainable by focusing on the maximum positive impact for shareholders, the environment and societies.
Our member companies come from all business sectors and all major economies, representing combined revenues of more than USD $8.5 trillion and 19 million employees. Our global network of almost 70 national business councils gives our members unparalleled reach across the globe. WBCSD is uniquely positioned to work with member companies along and across value chains to deliver impactful business solutions to the most challenging sustainability issues.
Together, we are the leading voice of business for sustainability: with a vision of a world where more than nine billion people are all living well and within the boundaries of our planet, by 2050.
WBCSD is looking for a talented Associate, Digital Design & Web Communications to strengthen the central Communications team and the organization’s role of being the center of gravity for sustainability. If you’re the ideal candidate, you’re able to perform strategically as well as operationally across a variety of topics – bridging the gap between traditional and digital design, and web.
We’re seeking a junior professional with a solid track record in design and web-related tasks. You’re planning and executing design and web design as well as other web tasks, you can deliver in different styles and voices and can break down complex, technical information into accessible and engaging content. Experience in creating for and managing social media channels is required.
You’re a master of organization and you can handle multiple competing priorities in a challenging environment while managing demanding stakeholders. You can clearly articulate and present your design decisions, strategies, thinking, recommendations and results to colleagues. You’re an individual contributor and team player who collaborates and builds relationships with internal teams, suppliers, and member companies.
The initial contract is for one year, with possible extension subject to funding.
Responsibilities and duties
- Create and develop interactive design.
- Create and design layouts and art working pages ready for print.
- Create visual elements and motion graphics in a variety of styles and forms, compelling visual elements and motion which balance strong aesthetics with clear functionality.
- Assist in the development of digital assets (such as banners, images, logos, icons, interactive pdfs or interactive presentations)to be used as campaign visuals, on websites, landing pages, microsites which will be used across a vast array of digital channels.
- Execute various visual designs for our website and social media channels.
- Collaborate and supporting the communication team in designing impactful visual communications.
- Support WBCSD staff in the development of content suited to their needs.
- Assist in the development of tools, templates, processes and style guides to champion and ensure brand consistency across the company.
- Assist at first, then take the lead in shooting and editing video and photo contents to support digital content creation.
- Collaborate with and assist in managing external suppliers: designer and printer.
- Design and create web banners, badges, images, etc. for web use.
- Design webpage layouts.
- Source and produce appropriate graphics and convert for digital use across multiple platforms.
- Help manage web content on WordPress & EzPublish.
Key competencies include:
- 2-5 years of experience in graphic design, with strong portfolio to prove it.
- Great team player with experience working with web teams plus good understanding of web-related digital communication tasks.
- Able to understand and bridge the gap between traditional and digital communication.
- Impeccable understanding of visual communication.
- Experience, understanding and management of social media channels and web design.
- Experience in video-making and editing for various platforms such as social media.
- Up to date knowledge of Adobe Suite programs, in particular: ID, AI, Photoshop, Adobe Premier & Dreamweaver.
- Knowledge and experience of both HTML and CSS.
- Knowledge of wireframe tools such as Sketch and Adobe XD will be a plus.
- Good knowledge of motion graphics in After Effects or a similar program.
- Experience using MS Office products, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Organized, acute attention to detail and quality control.
- Strong communication and ability to well articulate design decisions.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, comfortable with multi-tasking and self-management.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communications, as well as presentation skills.
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- Perform other duties as expected.
WBCSD offers a competitive, modern, and flexible working arrangement:
- Geneva-based organization with offices in London, New Delhi, Singapore and New York City
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- State-of-the-art facilities and ICT-enabled working tools
- Flex-time and part-time possibilities
- Dynamic working atmosphere
- Open culture encouraging interaction and sharing of ideas and opinions
- International relocation support
- Sustainable commuting incentives
Please also note that WBCSD will only respond to candidates selected for the interview process.