July 2, 2018
The World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD) is a global, CEO-led organization of over 200 leading businesses and partners working together to accelerate the transition to a sustainable world. We help make our member companies more successful and sustainable by focusing on the maximum positive impact for shareholders, the environment and societies.
Our member companies come from all business sectors and all major economies, representing a combined revenue of more than $8.5 trillion and 19 million employees. Our global network of almost 70 national business councils gives our members unparalleled reach across the globe. WBCSD is uniquely positioned to work with member companies along and across value chains to deliver impactful business solutions to the most challenging sustainability issues.
Together, we are the leading voice of business for sustainability: united by our vision of a world where more than 9 billion people are all living well and within the boundaries of our planet, by 2050. www.wbcsd.org
We are seeking an intern to join the Climate & Energy team. This is a full-time position for a period of 5 months from mid July 2018 to mid-December 2018 based at the WBCSD offices in Geneva, Switzerland, reporting to the Managers in the Climate & Energy team.
Main tasks include:
- Provide a wide range of communications support for key projects, including topics such as energy, renewables, transport and natural climate solutions.
- Presentation creation (including some visual design work); organizing and preparing content for major events, webinars, workshops and external conferences
- Promoting external thought leadership internally and externally in social media and other marketing channels
- Work with the web and the social media team to create, manage and update content for Climate & Energy outreach communications and websites
- Ad hoc administrative support to the Climate & Energy team as required
- Coordinate and draft original content for external partner sites
- Participate in business partner calls and internal communications meeting
Required competencies include:
- Enrolled in or recently completed an undergraduate degree program related to communications, public affairs or related fields, with a preference for energy or sustainability focus.
- Previous internships or work experience in these fields may be accepted in lieu of a bachelor’s degree
- Basic understanding of key climate change and energy debates and developments
- Understanding of social media and other communications platforms
- Excellent command of English and very strong writing skills are a pre-condition for this role
- Basic visual design for presentations
- Good research and analysis skills
- Good team spirit and the ability to work effectively across cultures
- Successfully manage competing priorities and ad hoc demands, flexible working style, identify and proactively address problems, working to deadlines.
The organization offers:
The WBCSD is a purpose driven, forward-thinking, and action-oriented organization, characterized by diversity of gender, nationalities, and work experiences.
- Get to know a world-leading sustainability NGO and learn about key climate and energy policy developments
- Challenging hands-on experiences and enhanced learning through exposure to international working group and high-level meetings
- Springboard to consulting and sustainability-focused roles in private and public organizations through the network and skillset acquired or enhanced at WBCSD
- Observe how to facilitate groups made up of senior business executives and sustainability leaders with diverse interests to reach a common goal or vision
In terms of work environment, we offer a competitive, modern, and flexible working arrangement:
- Geneva-based organization with offices in New Delhi and New York City
- Competitive compensation for an internship
- State of the art facilities and ICT enabled working tools
- Dynamic working atmosphere
- Open culture encouraging interaction and sharing of ideas and opinions
The candidate should be an EU national with full rights to work in the Switzerland.
Candidates should be available to start on Monday 15 July 2018.
Please also note that the WBCSD will only respond to candidates selected for the interview process.
WBCSD on LinkedIn: