|Date Posted||2 December 2019|
The World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD) is a global, CEO-led organization of over 200 leading businesses working together to accelerate the transition to a sustainable world. We help make our member companies more successful and sustainable by focusing on the maximum positive impact for shareholders, the environment and societies.
Our member companies come from all business sectors and all major economies, representing combined revenues of more than USD $8.5 trillion and 19 million employees. Our global network of almost 70 national business councils gives our members unparalleled reach across the globe. WBCSD is uniquely positioned to work with member companies along and across value chains to deliver impactful business solutions to the most challenging sustainability issues.
Together, we are the leading voice of business for sustainability: with a vision of a world where more than nine billion people are all living well and within the boundaries of our planet, by 2050.
This is an exciting full time position to get deeply involved with a very dynamic topic in the sustainability agenda. The Associate will support the projects that are part of the Cities & Mobility program - Transforming the Built Environment and Transforming Urban Mobility - with communication, project coordination, member and network management and content development. This is a 1-year fixed term contract (January – December 2020).
Responsibilities and duties
The Associate will report jointly to the Manager, Sustainable Cities, and Manager, Sustainable Mobility, and work closely with the central communication team to:
- Support external and internal communication across the Cities & Mobility program, including but not limited to:
- Creating, developing and implementing an annual comms plan for the Cities & Mobility Program
- Proactively identifiying key comms opportunities and creating and managing the content that will be used
- preparing of communication materials and newsletter, including social media campaigns, articles, op-eds, etc.
- editing and proof reading of communication related material for the team
- Social media posts for the Managers and Directors in the program
- updating of the website
- coordinating the work of the team to ensure it fits with organizational priorities
- Support the organization of member meetings, workshops, webinars organized or attended by the Cities & Mobility program team.
- Support the outreach to cities by maintaining contact lists, providing research on city activities and selection criteria, preparing and maintaining city relevant communication material.
- Support to the activities of the City-Business Climate Alliance.
- Provide support to the Cities & Mobility team as needed with research, case studies, project and member administration
- A Master degree, or equivalent, in communication with up to two years of experience in editing communication material and events management ideally in the field of sustainability (sustainable cities, mobility or built environment).
- Be proactive and have an appetite to be involved in the topics and various content of projects to help facilitate events and activities with diverse stakeholders and their interests. This includes the ability to coordinate and maintain a calendar of meetings and events across several cities and mobility projects and to provide content-related support to the different managers.
- Strong experience in social media content creation and management.
- Proven fluency in English, both written and spoken, other languages welcome.
- Good team spirit and the ability to build, nurture and work effectively in teams of partners/stakeholders, able to interact with senior representatives of member companies.
The position is full-time and based in Geneva, Switzerland, but will also require some international travel.
WBCSD is a purpose driven, forward-thinking and action-oriented organization, characterized by diversity of gender, nationalities and work experiences.
The work environment
WBCSD offers a competitive, modern and flexible working arrangement:
- Geneva-based organization with offices in London, New Delhi, Singapore and New York City
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- State-of-the-art facilities and ICT-enabled working tools
- Flex-time and part-time possibilities
- Dynamic working atmosphere
- Open culture encouraging interaction and sharing of ideas and opinions
- International relocation support
- Sustainable commuting incentives
- Annual community service
Please also note that WBCSD will only respond to candidates selected for the interview process.