|Published||20 July 2022|
Deadline for application: 21 August 2022
WBCSD is the premier global, CEO-led community of over 200 of the world’s leading sustainable businesses working collectively to accelerate the system transformations needed for a net zero, nature positive, and more equitable future.
We do this by engaging executives and sustainability leaders from business and elsewhere to share practical insights on the obstacles and opportunities we currently face in tackling the integrated climate, nature and inequality sustainability challenge; by co-developing “how-to” CEO-guides from these insights; by providing science-based target guidance including standards and protocols; and by developing tools and platforms to help leading businesses in sustainability drive integrated actions to tackle climate, nature and inequality challenges across sectors and geographical regions.
Our member companies come from all business sectors and all major economies, representing a combined revenue of more than USD $8.5 trillion and 19 million employees. Our global network of almost 70 national business councils gives our members unparalleled reach across the globe. Since 1995, WBCSD has been uniquely positioned to work with member companies along and across value chains to deliver impactful business solutions to the most challenging sustainability issues.
Together, we are the leading voice of business for sustainability, united by our vision of creating a world in which 9+ billion people are living well, within planetary boundaries, by mid-century.
The Tire Industry Project (TIP) is a CEO-led forum for tire manufacturers to contribute to a sustainable future. Its mission is to anticipate, understand, and address global environmental, social, and governance issues relevant to the tire industry and its value chain. TIP acts by commissioning independent research of the highest standards, collaborating on sectoral solutions, and engaging with external stakeholders.
The project currently includes ten members (Bridgestone, Continental, Goodyear, Hankook, Kumho, Michelin, Pirelli, Sumitomo, Toyo and Yokohama), representing more than 60% of the world's tire manufacturing capacity, and is co-chaired by Bridgestone, Goodyear and Michelin.
TIP was created in 2005 and operates under the umbrella of the World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD), as a sector project.
TIP is seeking an Associate to support the TIP Executive Director and the TIP team (6 people) on overall operations of the project, including meetings organization and logistics coordination, agenda and travel coordination, documents and data management, and monitoring and ad hoc research. The role reports to the TIP Executive Director.
This is a permanent position based at the WBCSD offices in Geneva, Switzerland.
- Provide administrative and agenda management support to the TIP Executive Director
- Coordinate incoming requests, travel and accommodation arrangements, and process expense claims and invoices
- Arrange on and offsite / on and offline meetings, including planning, budgeting, and logistics
- Prepare documents and correspondence as required and support with briefings and presentations preparations
- Establish and coordinate appropriate processes to ensure data quality and accessibility and document organization in tools / systems (e.g., Salesforce, sharepoint, TIP research monitor)
- Do ad hoc research and monitoring for TIP activities (research, engagement and communication)
- An energetic team player with a minimum of 2-5 years of work experience in a similar role
- Excellent organization and planning skills, eye for detail, and ability to run multiple tasks in parallel and prioritize
- Ability to take ownership of tasks and follow them through to completion
- Excellent interpersonal skills and experience with multi-cultural environments and teams
- Effective communication across levels and cultures
- Experience in working with confidential information
- Overall computer and digital literacy
- Fluent in English (and preferably French); other languages are a nice to have
WBCSD is a purpose driven, forward-thinking and action-oriented organization, characterized by diversity of gender, nationalities and work experiences.
The Work Environment
WBCSD offers a competitive, modern, and flexible working arrangement:
- Geneva-based organization with offices in Amsterdam, Beijing, Delhi, London, New York and Singapore
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- State-of-the-art facilities and ICT-enabled working tools
- Flex-time and part-time possibilities
- Dynamic working atmosphere
- Open culture encouraging interaction and sharing of ideas and opinions
- Regional or International relocation support
- Sustainable commuting incentives
Please also note that WBCSD will only respond to candidates selected for the interview process.