|Date Posted||1 September 2021|
Deadline for applications: 15 September 2021
The World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD) is a global, CEO-led organization of over 200 leading businesses working together to accelerate the transition to a sustainable world. We help make our member companies more successful and sustainable by focusing on the maximum positive impact for shareholders, the environment and societies.
Our member companies come from all business sectors and all major economies, representing combined revenues of more than USD $8.5 trillion and 19 million employees. Our global network of almost 70 national business councils gives our members unparalleled reach across the globe. Since 1995, WBCSD has been uniquely positioned to work with member companies along and across value chains to deliver impactful business solutions to the most challenging sustainability issues.
Together, we are the leading voice of business for sustainability: with a vision of a world where more than nine billion people are all living well and within the boundaries of our planet, by 2050.
We are offering a full-time Associate position in WBCSD’s Redefining Value program to support WBCSD’s activities as part a grant recently awarded by Gordon and Betty Moore Foundation related to their Conservation and Markets Initiative (CMI). This project will involve working in partnership with WWF and Brunswick with the ambition of engaging with a group of downstream cross-commodity global companies (DGE Companies) in the food supply and food retail sector to embedded improved practices on risk, performance, governance and reporting with the long-term ambition of delinking business practice from natural resource degradation such as deforestation and overfishing.
Key responsibilities include:
- Support with the development of the corporate engagement strategy and case for action with DGE Companies.
- Support and facilitate the development of pathfinders studies to explore the challenges around risk management, governance and other decision-making in the context of ESG and CMI topics of focus such as deforestation and overfishing.
- Support and facilitate the development of a dynamic risk assessment process with external partners and DGE companies.
- Lead the tracking of WBCSD engagement activity with a broad range of companies and other stakeholders through data management systems.
- Lead the annual monitoring and evaluation of companies’ performance against grant objectives related to risk management, governance, assurance and disclosure – including comparison against benchmark activities.
- Support the management and development of key partnerships, including with CMI partners and others in support of grant objectives.
- Support other project initiatives as needed, including engagement with companies, workshops, event organization, webinars setup, and communication support
Qualifications and competences:
- University degree in a discipline related to sustainability and/or accounting and finance – master’s degree is preferred.
- Experience of corporate sustainability reporting, accounting and finance, and assurance is a plus.
- Ability and willingness to quickly learn and to work independently and collaboratively with members of the RV team.
- Excellent project and time management and ICT skills – including ideally experience Salesforce.
- Confident public speaker with ability to express opinions, information and key points clearly.
- Ability and willingness to read and analyze company information and technical reports and prepare briefing reports.
- Proven research, analytical and organizational skills with strong attention to detail.
- Fluency – both written and oral – in English; Any other languages would be a bonus.
The position is based at the WBCSD offices in Geneva, Switzerland or London, UK. The candidate should be a current holder of a valid Swiss working permit and/or a Swiss/UK or EU national. The position is for a fixed period of time from October 2021 to August 2023.
WBCSD is a purpose driven, forward-thinking and action-oriented organization, characterised by diversity of gender, nationalities, and work experiences.
The work environment
WBCSD offers a competitive, modern, and flexible working arrangement:
- Geneva-based organization with offices in London, New Delhi, Singapore, and New York City. Remote working possible. European and UK time zones preferred for this position.
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- State-of-the-art facilities and ICT-enabled working tools
- Flex-time and part-time possibilities
- Dynamic working atmosphere
- Open culture encouraging interaction and sharing of ideas and opinions
Please also note that WBCSD will only respond to candidates selected for the interview process.