|Published||12 October 2020|
Deadline for applications: 21 October 2020
The World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD) is a global, CEO-led organization of over 200 leading businesses working together to accelerate the transition to a sustainable world. We help make our member companies more successful and sustainable by focusing on the maximum positive impact for shareholders, the environment and societies.
Our member companies come from all business sectors and all major economies, representing combined revenues of more than USD 8.5 trillion and 19 million employees. Our global network of almost 70 national business councils gives our members unparalleled reach across the globe. Since 1995, WBCSD has been uniquely positioned to work with member companies along and across value chains to deliver impactful business solutions to the most challenging sustainability issues.
Together, we lead the business voice for sustainability with a vision of a world where more than nine billion people live well and within the boundaries of our planet, by 2050.
As an associate in the mobility program, you will gain strategic insights on the urban mobility transformation by coordinating projects, events and managing a community of business and academic experts. Working directly with the Mobility director, you will use strategic thinking and outcome-oriented to help steer the program. Working in the WBCSD mobility team, you will also take part in WBCSD events and gain exposure to sustainability leaders and executives across our projects and programs.
Responsibilities and duties
As an associate, Mobility you:
- Take ownership of the coordination of one or several projects under the director's lead
- Plan and coordinate the program's cross-cutting activities and events, including C-level events
- Manage the Mobility program community of business experts and partners.
To be considered, we would expect you to bring:
- A master-level education in a relevant field like Mobility, Transport or transport-related policy
- 3 to 5 years' experience with exposure to project management, ideally, in a multilateral context, a consultancy experience is a plus.
- Knowledge on the ongoing paradigm shift in electrification, mobility digitalization and urban mobility patterns
During the interview process, you would be able to demonstrate:
- You can deliver flawless project meetings and events with excellent planning and coordination skills
- A profound sense for designing meetings, events and workshops to reach the desired outcome
- Strategic thinking to plan the program work, help steer the program and the team's work.
- You have a sensible level of autonomy and the ability to take leadership when you can add value.
- Excellent written and verbal communication to manage the mobility program community
- Good organizational skills and the ability to plan and manage different priorities simultaneously
- Adaptability to changing situations and processes and make the most out of every situation
As a person, you are:
- Driven by the idea of sustainability and improving the state of the world
- An energetic, fast and resilient performance seeker
- A structured and yet flexible result-oriented person
- Positive, empathetic and demonstrate excellent listening capabilities
- You thrive by delivering events through methodical alignment of all stakeholders and actions
Certifications - Expectations
- Fluent in English language minimum, every other language is a plus
- Salesforce experience is a real advantage
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Project planning and events management tools are an advantage.
The position is a six-month fixed-term contract ideally starting November 1st, full-time and based in Geneva but will also require international travel once the pandemic is contained.
WBCSD is a purpose-driven, forward-thinking and action-oriented organization, characterized by the diversity of gender, nationalities and work experiences.
The work environment:
WBCSD offers a competitive, modern, and flexible working arrangement:
- A Geneva-based organization with offices in London, New Delhi, Singapore and New York City
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- State-of-the-art facilities and ICT-enabled working tools
- Flex-time and part-time possibilities
- Dynamic working atmosphere
- Open culture encouraging interaction and sharing of ideas and opinions
- International relocation support
- Sustainable commuting incentives
Please also note that WBCSD will only respond to candidates selected for the interview process.