|Published||10 May 2022|
Deadline for application: 31 May 2022
The World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD) is a global, CEO-led organization of over 200 leading businesses working together to accelerate the transition to a sustainable world. We help make our member companies more successful and sustainable by focusing on the maximum positive impact for shareholders, the environment, and societies.
Our member companies come from all business sectors and all major economies, representing combined revenues of more than USD $8.5 trillion and 19 million employees. Our global network of almost 70 national business councils gives our members unparalleled reach across the globe. WBCSD is uniquely positioned to work with member companies along and across value chains to deliver impactful business solutions to the most challenging sustainability issues.
Together, we are the leading voice of business for sustainability: with a vision of a world where more than nine billion people are all living well and within the boundaries of our planet, by 2050.
WBCSD Asia Pacific represents the interests of WBCSD across Asia and Oceania. WBCSD works with the almost 25% of our members headquartered in the region, together with forging relationships with key partner organizations and other key stakeholders to accelerate system transformations needed for a net zero, nature positive, and equitable future. It also works to ensure the outreach, engagement, and actions of WBCSD reflect the regional circumstances of the Asia Pacific market.
We are looking for looking for a full-time Associate who will support the Executive Director in raising the profile of WBCSD in the Asia Pacific market through strengthened member and prospect engagement, strategic communications, and targeted events. The Associate will help grow WBCSD presence and funding in Asia Pacific and will help to strategically position WBCSD programs and projects in the region to make them attractive and business-relevant to Asia Pacific companies. This includes creating opportunities for WBCSD visibility in the region, recruiting new members, managing member expectations, researching funding opportunities, building relationships with grant-making organizations, and managing relations with WBCSD stakeholders and partners in Asia and Australasia. The Associate will also be responsible for overseeing the management of client-based data (CRM) systems, documenting WBCSD engagement in the region, and mobilizing outreach and events in the key markets of Singapore, Hong Kong and South Korea.
Reporting to the Executive Director, Asia Pacific, the role focuses on recruitment and management of forward-thinking companies of strategic relevance to WBCSD and its work programs and fundraising goals. The candidate will drive WBCSD’s growth through his/her own network as well as by jointly approaching selected companies and funders with relevant WBCSD Program Directors.
Roles & Responsibilities
Member Engagement and Retention
- Ensure that current membership is and remains highly engaged by promoting active member engagement
- Work with the Member Relations team on the membership engagement processes and management of risk accounts
- Support the execution of structured events in the region, including content development, logistics, participant management, and communications.
- Assist with content for communication ensuring alignment with WBCSD HQ and assist with content and management of events, focusing on creating opportunities for Asia Pacific HQ’d members
- Prepare, develop, and help define plans and tactics to pursue strategic member targets and manage recruitment pipeline and prioritization
- Assist in recruiting activities to attract new members of strategic interest to the WBCSD, including prospecting and participation in calls/meeting and developing expert presentations and engagement sessions with North America-based companies
- Contribute to key prospecting events planning (annual Liaison Delegate and Council meetings, invites and sponsorship; UN General Assembly/Climate Week and WBCSD activities at targeted internal and external events
- Plan and interact with prospects at key events, including in the organization of high-level meetings
- Help engage senior leaders at prospect companies to present the relevant value proposition of work programs in WBCSD
- Provide leadership with regards to digital nurturing of accounts and sales cycle management
- Keep the member relations database up to date. This includes ensuring key communications are properly recorded and up to date on WBCSD’s member management system
- Contribute to Asia Pacific Fundraising strategy in collaboration with WBCSD Partnerships & Fundraising lead in Geneva
- Manage ongoing communications with regional network partners and other stakeholders
- Input research and communications information into a WBCSD CRM tool
- Assist in running the office operations, team coordination and activities
Qualifications and Profile
- Education: MS/MA degree (or BS/BA with advanced education) business, management, environmental or sustainability related education tracks preferred
- Around three to five years of professional experience in sales, including inside sales, and marketing
- Excellent key account sales skills, with proven successful track record in consultative selling situations
- Hands-on digital sales and marketing expertise using CRM tools, preferably Salesforce
- Experience and comfort interacting at high levels in corporations, in different cultural contexts and complex project-type sales processes. Proven ability to build trusted relationships with corporate decision-makers
- Expertise on sustainability issues
- Passionate self-starter – ability to take initiative and seize opportunities for WBCSD growth - independent, proactive outreach. A fast learner that works accurately under pressure
- Excellent presentation and communication skills in English, both written and oral. A second language will provide preferential consideration
- Enthusiastic about multi-cultural work environment, including international travel
- Advanced knowledge of major MS-Office tools (Excel, ppt, word)
What WBCSD is offering
- Geneva-based organization with offices in London, Amsterdam, New Delhi, Singapore and New York City
- WBCSD offers competitive employment terms, salary, and benefits; a flexible and stimulating working environment, and the chance to join a team of professionals who share a motivation to work with members who deliver business solutions for a sustainable world.
- Dynamic, international work environment
- Small organization requiring and offering a variety of tasks for everyone
- Access to a unique network of sustainability experts and leaders
- Salary Range: on request
- The position is full-time and based in Singapore but will require international travel dependent on health restrictions and WBCSD travel policies.
- Candidates should be of Singaporean citizenship or authorized to work in Singapore.
- This is advertised as a full time role but we will consider flexible working arrangements for the right candidate.
- Please note that WBCSD will only reply to selected candidate for the interview process