|Published||29 April 2022|
Deadline for applications: 03 June 2022
The World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD) is the premier global, CEO-led community of over 200 of the world’s leading sustainable businesses working collectively to accelerate the system transformations needed for a net zero, nature positive, and more equitable future.
We do this by engaging executives and sustainability leaders from business and elsewhere to share practical insights on the obstacles and opportunities we currently face in tackling the integrated climate, nature and inequality sustainability challenge; by co-developing “how-to” CEO-guides from these insights; by providing science-based target guidance including standards and protocols; and by developing tools and platforms to help leading businesses in sustainability drive integrated actions to tackle climate, nature and inequality challenges across sectors and geographical regions.
Our member companies come from all business sectors and all major economies, representing a combined revenue of more than USD $8.5 trillion and 19 million employees. Our global network of almost 70 national business councils gives our members unparalleled reach across the globe. Since 1995, WBCSD has been uniquely positioned to work with member companies along and across value chains to deliver impactful business solutions to the most challenging sustainability issues.
Together, we are the leading voice of business for sustainability, united by our vision of creating a world in which 9+ billion people are living well, within planetary boundaries, by mid-century.
WBCSD is a unique business organization, working with more than 200 companies to accelerate the transition to a sustainable world and making more sustainable companies more successful.
Our mission is to accelerate the transition to a sustainable world by making more sustainable businesses more successful. Our vision is to create a world where more than 9 billion people are all living well and within planetary boundaries, by 2050.
The world faces three critical challenges: the climate emergency, nature loss and mounting inequality. The COVID-19 pandemic has illustrated that these challenges are interconnected, and that our systems are ill-prepared for shocks. As global risks continue to build, business leaders are rallying behind a bold and urgent transformation agenda developed by WBCSD. Vision 2050: Time to Transform sets a shared vision of a world in which more than 9 billion people are able to live well, within planetary boundaries, by 2050. To achieve this vision, we need transformation at scale, and business needs to focus its actions on the areas through which it can best lead the systems transformations and drive transformative change in its sustainability planning and business strategies.
Our new strategy for 2022-27 will set the course for the organization as it steps up the course for systemic business transformation. The new strategy also came with a renewed focus of work and a new leadership.
WBCSD is looking for a talented Associate, Digital & Web Communications to strengthen our team and the organization’s role of being the center of gravity for business and sustainability. If you’re the ideal candidate, you’re able to perform strategically as well as operationally across a variety of topics around digital communications and web.
We’re seeking a junior professional with a solid track record in web-related tasks to help manage our organization's web presence. You’re planning and executing digital communications (newsletters, mailing lists, Salesforce, MailChimp, etc.), web related tasks, ensuring websites are functional, user-friendly, visually pleasing, plus up-to-date., you can deliver in different styles and voices and can break down complex, technical information into accessible and engaging content. Wide-ranging experience in creating for and managing web and social media channels is required.
You have an excellent command of English, both written and spoken. You are well-organized and your structured approach to work allows you to handle competing priorities and demanding stakeholders in a timely and efficient way. You can clearly articulate and present your design decisions, strategies, thinking, recommendations and results to colleagues. You’re an individual contributor and team player who collaborates and builds relationships with internal teams, suppliers, and member companies.
Responsibilities and duties
- Create interactive design for web and design webpage layouts using Sketch, Adobe XD or InVision.
- Build and test functional user-friendly websites.
- Help manage web content on WordPress & EzPublish and reviewing SEO.
- Assist with sending of newsletters and managing mailing lists.
- Assist in the design, development and execution of digital assets (such as banners, images, logos, icons, interactive pdfs, interactive presentations and animated gifs) which will be used across a vast array of digital channels including on campaign visuals, websites, landing pages, microsites, social media and other digital platforms.
- Support the communication team in designing impactful visual communications.
- Coordinate with designers and support WBCSD staff in the development of content suited to their needs.
- Assist in the development of tools, templates, processes and style guides to champion and ensure brand consistency across the company.
- Assist at first, then take the lead in shooting and editing video and photo contents to support digital content creation.
- Collaborate with and assist in managing external web agencies and other digital suppliers.
- Source and produce appropriate graphics and convert for digital use across multiple platforms.
- Decide on best formats for presenting WBCSD online media with a view to delivering to the widest possible audience via best-practice technical solutions.
- Maintain and debug web pages. Fix broken links or images when needed.
- Monitor, analyze and help improve site performance.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in web design and working with web teams, with strong portfolio to prove it.
- Great team player with a good understanding of web-related digital communication tasks.
- Knowledge of wireframe tools such as Sketch and Adobe XD will be a plus.
- Knowledge of website management tools.
- Good knowledge of motion graphics in After Effects or a similar program.
- Experience, understanding and management of social media channels and web design.
- Experience in video-making and editing for various platforms such as social media.
- Up to date knowledge of Adobe Suite programs, in particular: XD, AI, Photoshop, Adobe Premier & Dreamweaver.
- Familiarity with web standards.
- Experience using MS Office products, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Organized, acute attention to detail and quality control.
- Strong communication and ability to well articulate design decisions.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, comfortable with multi-tasking and self-management.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Excellent spoken and written English as well as presentation skills.
- Able to understand and bridge the gap between traditional and digital communications.
- Impeccable understanding of visual communications.
- Available 1 July, 2022
WBCSD offers a competitive, modern, and flexible working arrangement:
- Geneva-based organization with offices in London, Amsterdam, New Delhi, Singapore and New York City
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- State-of-the-art facilities and ICT-enabled working tools
- Flex-time and part-time possibilities
- Dynamic working atmosphere
- Open culture encouraging interaction and sharing of ideas and opinions
- International relocation support
The position is based in Amsterdam, but will also require international travel with flexibility.
Please also note that WBCSD will only respond to candidates selected for the interview process.