|Published||27 July 2022|
|Location||Amsterdam, London, United Kingdom|
Deadline for application: 10 August 2022
WBCSD is the premier global, CEO-led community of over 200 of the world’s leading sustainable businesses working collectively to accelerate the system transformations needed for a net zero, nature positive, and more equitable future.
We do this by engaging executives and sustainability leaders from business and elsewhere to share practical insights on the obstacles and opportunities we currently face in tackling the integrated climate, nature and inequality sustainability challenge; by co-developing “how-to” CEO-guides from these insights; by providing science-based target guidance including standards and protocols; and by developing tools and platforms to help leading businesses in sustainability drive integrated actions to tackle climate, nature and inequality challenges across sectors and geographical regions.
Our member companies come from all business sectors and all major economies, representing a combined revenue of more than USD $8.5 trillion and 19 million employees. Our global network of almost 70 national business councils gives our members unparalleled reach across the globe. Since 1995, WBCSD has been uniquely positioned to work with member companies along and across value chains to deliver impactful business solutions to the most challenging sustainability issues.
Together, we are the leading voice of business for sustainability, united by our vision of creating a world in which 9+ billion people are living well, within planetary boundaries, by mid-century.
Over 200 companies have signed the "Business Ambition for 1.5°C" pledge, committing to has net-zero Future. Most companies are still early in their decarbonization journey. Progressing in the decarbonization journey implies an in-depth transformation along with sustained innovation in business models and products. To assist our member companies, in 2021 WBCSD launched its climate program Safe Operating Space for 1.5°C ("SOS1.5"). The program accelerates corporate decarbonization implementation and advance climate accounting:
- Accelerating the transition to Net Zero: capacity building and how-to guidance on building a decarbonization strategy and its operationalization across the business
- Advancing Climate Accounting: collective climate standards advancements with a focus on the GHG Protocol
We are seeking an Associate to support the Climate Accounting and Standards team. The team, as part of the Greenhouse Gas Protocol secretariat, is developing the GHG protocol land sector and removal guidance which will go through pilot testing starting in September 2022.
- Support the Greenhouse Gas Protocol team on maturing Climate Accounting, initially in developing and pilot testing the land sector and removal guidance.
- Monitoring and keeping WBCSD members and team up to date with the regulatory and standard development for climate accounting, target setting and progress reporting
- Assist in bolstering the external communications and outreach of the team, which includes answering members question on Climate Accounting topics, WBCSD’s membership criterion on Net Zero, outreach to external parties, collecting members inputs on and responding to public consultations on climate related topics
- The running of day-to-day activities of the Climate accounting and standards teams, which includes the delivery of the various workstreams, regular group meetings and one-to-one calls with WBCSD members and partners.
- A Master’s degree, or equivalent in environmental science or sustainability with minimum two years working experience in a related field
- A thorough understanding of the current “state of play” of global decarbonization and evolving Climate Accounting landscape.
- Understanding of or the willingness to quickly ramp up expertise in the field of
- The global climate standards namely the Greenhouse Gas Protocols, ISO standards and the recent developments in the field such as the recent EU taxonomy for sustainable activities.
- Corporate environmental reporting and pledges such as CDP and Net Zero commitments, and target setting programs such as Science Based Target initiative, SBTi Forest, land and Agriculture (FLAG), and the Climate Pledge.
- Analytical mind with attention to detail paired with the ability also look at the broader picture
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint presentation capabilities.
- Fluency in written and spoken English, other languages welcome.
- Good team spirit and the ability to build, nurture and work effectively in teams of partners/stakeholders, able to interact with senior representatives of member companies.
The position is full-time and based in a country with a WBCSD office.
WBCSD is a purpose driven, forward-thinking and action-oriented organization, characterised by diversity of gender, nationalities and work experiences.
The Work Environment
WBCSD offers a competitive, modern, and flexible working arrangement:
- Geneva-based organization with offices in Amsterdam, Beijing, Delhi, London, New York and Singapore
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- State-of-the-art facilities and ICT-enabled working tools
- Flex-time and part-time possibilities
- Dynamic working atmosphere
- Open culture encouraging interaction and sharing of ideas and opinions
- Regional or International relocation support
- Sustainable commuting incentives
Please also note that WBCSD will only respond to candidates selected for the interview process.