|Date Posted||3 May 2021|
Deadline for applications: 17/05/2021
The World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD) is a global, CEO-led organization of over 200 leading businesses working together to accelerate the transition to a sustainable world. We help make our member companies more successful and sustainable by focusing on the maximum positive impact for shareholders, the environment and societies.
Our member companies come from all business sectors and all major economies, representing combined revenues of more than USD $8.5 trillion and 19 million employees. Our global network of almost 70 national business councils gives our members unparalleled reach across the globe. Since 1995, WBCSD has been uniquely positioned to work with member companies along and across value chains to deliver impactful business solutions to the most challenging sustainability issues. Together, we are the leading voice of business for sustainability: with a vision of a world where more than nine billion people are all living well and within the boundaries of our planet, by 2050.
An Associate role to support the Managing Director of Climate and Energy in her role delivering results for the WBCSD members involved in the rapidly- growing Climate and Energy Program and to provide the central project management skills and action coordination for the Climate and Energy team.
Responsibilities and duties
- Support the Team MD in diary coordination, travel plans and communications including email management and budget preparation and review.
- Lead preparation for all events attended by the Team MD by leading or commissioning briefing notes and slide decks.
- Attend all internal and external meetings with the Team MD and prepare agendas as needed.
- Prepare short summary meeting notes including actions agreed at the meetings and circulate these appropriately. Lead the follow up on action items agreed.
- Develop a project management matrix for the Climate and Energy Project areas, working with the Project leaders. Manage the action tracking process, and report to the team on overall progress or problems
- Coordinate with the CEOs Chief of Staff to ensure he is adequately briefed as needed on climate and energy matters
- Focus on supporting the COP26 mobilisation team during 2021
Qualifications and Skills
- Undergraduate degree as a minimum; some knowledge of climate and sustainability would be preferable but a curiosity and desire to learn is also a plus
- Excellent spoken and written English are required and a communications background would be an advantage.
- Good tech skills including Powerpoint.
- Experience of working with senior professionals in a corporate environment
- Super organised and a desire to get things done to the highest possible standards and willing to do “what it takes” to deliver excellence.
The position is full-time and can be based in Geneva but we also welcome applicants from other locations no more than two time zones away from Central European time. Applicants should be prepared to travel as needed.
WBCSD is a purpose driven, forward-thinking and action-oriented organization, characterised by diversity of gender, nationalities and work experiences.
THE WORK ENVIRONMENT:
WBCSD offers a competitive, modern, and flexible working arrangement:
- Geneva-based organization with offices in London, New Delhi, Singapore and New York City
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- State-of-the-art facilities and ICT-enabled working tools
- Flex-time and part-time possibilities
- Dynamic working atmosphere
- Open culture encouraging interaction and sharing of ideas and opinions
- International relocation support
- Sustainable commuting incentives
Please also note that WBCSD will only respond to candidates selected for the interview process.