|Location||London, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||30 September 2021|
(Accounts Payable Accountant)
WBCSD – Job description
The World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD) is a global, CEO-led organization of over 200 leading businesses working together to accelerate the transition to a sustainable world. We help make our member companies more successful and sustainable by focusing on the maximum positive impact for shareholders, the environment and societies.
Our member companies come from all business sectors and all major economies, representing combined revenues of more than USD $8.5 trillion and 19 million employees. Our global network of almost 70 national business councils gives our members unparalleled reach across the globe. Since 1995, WBCSD has been uniquely positioned to work with member companies along and across value chains to deliver impactful business solutions to the most challenging sustainability issues.
Together, we are the leading voice of business for sustainability: with a vision of a world where more than nine billion people are all living well and within the boundaries of our planet, by 2050.
The Accounts Payable Accountant is managing Accounts Payable activities; this includes booking of the claims, vendor invoices and monthly closing, among other tasks.
The Accounts Payable Accountant will support the finance team in the definition of the new finance processes and policies.
The Accounts Payable Accountant will be included in ad hoc project depending on the needs of the Manager, Accounting and Payroll.
Responsibilities and duties
- Prepare and follow up on Expense Claims from employees.
- Record and book incoming purchase invoices and prepare the payment file.
- Swiss VAT declaration
- Reconciliation of prepaids and accruals
- Bank reconciliation and credit card reconciliation
- Monthly closing
- Reconciliation of international offices
- File purchase contracts.
- Support in the development, writing and implementation of finance processes and policies.
- Support the Manager, Accounting and Payroll where appropriate with specific projects and ad hoc tasks.
- Diploma in accounting, ideally Bachelor degree
- AAT Professional Diploma in Accounting
- At least 5 years of experience in a similar position
Skills and competencies
- Fluency in French and English
- Strong Excel skills
- Strong analytical and data gathering skills
- Demonstrated strong initiative and problem solving skills
- Personal characteristics
- Flexible / Multi task
- Meticulous, attentive to details
- Pro-active with a can-do hands-on mindset
The position is full-time and permanent and is based in the UK.
THE WORK ENVIRONMENT:
WBCSD offers a competitive, modern, and flexible working arrangement:
- Geneva-based organization with offices in London, New Delhi, Singapore and New York City
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- State-of-the-art facilities and ICT-enabled working tools
- Flex-time and part-time possibilities
- Dynamic working atmosphere
- Open culture encouraging interaction and sharing of ideas and opinions
- International relocation support
- Sustainable commuting incentives
Please also note that WBCSD will only respond to candidates selected for the interview process.