|Date Posted||7 June 2021|
Deadline for application: 21/06/2021
The World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD) is a global, CEO-led organization of over 200 leading businesses working together to accelerate the transition to a sustainable world. We help make our member companies more successful and sustainable by focusing on the maximum positive impact for shareholders, the environment and societies.
Our member companies come from all business sectors and all major economies, representing combined revenues of more than USD $8.5 trillion and 19 million employees. Our global network of almost 70 national business councils gives our members unparalleled reach across the globe. Since 1995, WBCSD has been uniquely positioned to work with member companies along and across value chains to deliver impactful business solutions to the most challenging sustainability issues.
Together, we are the leading voice of business for sustainability: with a vision of a world where more than nine billion people are all living well and within the boundaries of our planet, by 2050.
We are offering a full-time Associate position in WBCSD’s Redefining Value (RV) program to lead cross-cutting communications activities related to the Program and specific project communication requirements for the Taskforce on Climate-related Finance Disclosures, the Conservation and Markets Initiative (CMI) – a new area of work funded by a grant from the Gordon and Betty Moore Foundation - and Stakeholder Capitalism projects. The role will involve working extensively with the WBCSD Communications team.
Responsibilities and duties
Key responsibilities include:
- Acting as the coordinator and conduit for communications activities within the WBCSD Redefining Value (RV) program.
- Collaborate with RV Managing Director and WBCSD Communication Director to develop the strategic communication plan and activities to support the RV strategy and broader WBCSD strategy.
- Implement of the RV communication plan to ensure regular communication outputs the position of the RV Program, WBCSD members and the RV MD.
- Engage with the WBCSD Communications team to ensure consistency of communications and build synergies with other Program activities.
- Finalize all RV publications and other communications including liaising with design teams and copy editing.
- Update WBCSD website including basic video editing and photo editing and ongoing promotion of RV resources.
- Lead communications activities across Redefining Value grant funded projects including on TCFD, Stakeholder Capitalism, the Moore Foundation CMI grant. Activities will include:
- Manage proactively relations with relevant trade media.
- Other communication support – as required by the RV Managing Director, provide support on activities of significant strategic importance such as supporting webinars, preparing presentations and member engagement activities.
- Education: Undergraduate level education in a subject related to sustainability and/or communications. Master level education with a focus on sustainable business practices, accounting or finance would be significant asset.
- Experience: The candidate should have 3-4 years’ work experience working in a sustainability or corporate communications role. Some knowledge of accounting and finance, corporate sustainability reporting and associated standards, guidelines and frameworks would be a significant asset.
- Previous experience working with a multidiscipline project team on an international basis to deal with differing languages, time zones and cultural expectations would be advantageous.
- Communications: Strong facilitation, presentation, and writing skills with the ability to present complex issues in a clear and compelling manner to a wide variety of audiences and stakeholders.
- Team orientated: Good team spirit and enthusiasm to work in a multi-cultural environment and the ability to build, nurture and work effectively in team and with project members, partners and stakeholders.
- Self-starter: Capacity to take initiative and work independently towards agreed objectives.
- Multi-tasking: Strong prioritization, time management and organization skills, with an ability to work effectively under pressure, whilst still paying attention to detail and maintaining a strategic overview.
- Language skills: fluent, first class written and spoken English, with other languages considered an asset.
The position is full-time, fixed term role until August 2023. It will based in either Geneva or London or there is an option to work remotely within one hour (+/-) of Central European timezone. International travel may be required.
WBCSD is a purpose driven, forward-thinking and action-oriented organization, characterised by diversity of gender, nationalities and work experiences.
The work environment:
WBCSD offers a competitive, modern, and flexible working arrangement:
- Geneva-based organization with offices in London, New Delhi, Singapore and New York City
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- State-of-the-art facilities and ICT-enabled working tools
- Flex-time and part-time possibilities
- Dynamic working atmosphere
- Open culture encouraging interaction and sharing of ideas and opinions
- International relocation support
- Sustainable commuting incentives
Please also note that WBCSD will only respond to candidates selected for the interview process.