|Location||Geneva, London, Switzerland|
|Date Posted||15 May 2021|
Deadline for applications: 4 July 2021
The World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD) is a global, CEO-led organization of over 200 leading businesses working together to accelerate the transition to a sustainable world. We help make our member companies more successful and sustainable by focusing on the maximum positive impact for shareholders, the environment and societies.
Our member companies come from all business sectors and all major economies, representing combined revenues of more than USD $8.5 trillion and 19 million employees. Our global network of almost 70 national business councils gives our members unparalleled reach across the globe. Since 1995, WBCSD has been uniquely positioned to work with member companies along and across value chains to deliver impactful business solutions to the most challenging sustainability issues.
Together, we are the leading voice of business for sustainability: with a vision of a world where more than nine billion people are all living well and within the boundaries of our planet, by 2050.
We are looking for a tech expert and savvy individual who will contribute to WBCSD's employee empowerment in technology. As an ICT associate who can work independently under pressure, you will assist the day-to-day operational activities of our employees by providing them the best and most effective technical support. You will by implementing many digital solutions and continuously providing the most appropriate skills and trainings to our employees on various devices and systems.
This position is a great opportunity to acquire many tech skills: you will get to excel on help-desk support, on user and group trainings, on digital cloud technologies and you will assist on multiple ongoing projects.
To ensure your success, you should have advanced knowledge of cloud systems, mobile and hardware devices, excellent diagnostics skills and great communication skills.
Support & Helpdesk
- Provide technical assistance and support on various systems
- Provide equipment support, troubleshooting and repairs
- Assist employees in all of their technological and digital journeys
- Assist ICT on various systems administration and enhancement
Skills & Training
- Assist onboarding and offboarding new employees
- Provide ongoing trainings on various systems and devices
- Ensure employees have the most appropriate technical skills to achieve their work
- Maintain relationship with power user groups on various tech topics
- Create and maintain the best technology self-service and educational experience
- Degree in computer science or information technology
- Minimum 2 years of experience as a support or helpdesk specialist
- Great understanding of basic IT fields: network, end user support, system administrations, CyberSec
- Optional: Knowledge in various scripting languages (SQL, CSS, REST/SOAP, JAVA, etc..)
The position is fixed term for 1 year and based in a European local office.
WBCSD is a purpose driven, forward-thinking and action-oriented organization, characterized by diversity of gender, nationalities and work experiences.
THE WORK ENVIRONMENT
WBCSD offers a competitive, modern, and flexible working arrangement:
- Geneva-based organization with offices in London, New Delhi, Singapore and New York City
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- State-of-the-art facilities and ICT-enabled working tools
- Flex-time and part-time possibilities
- Dynamic working atmosphere
- Open culture encouraging interaction and sharing of ideas and opinions
- International relocation support
- Sustainable commuting incentives
Please also note that WBCSD will only respond to candidates selected for the interview process.