|Date Posted||23 February 2021|
Deadline for applications: 09 March 2021
The World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD) is a global, CEO-led organization of over 200 leading businesses working together to accelerate the transition to a sustainable world. We help make our member companies more successful and sustainable by focusing on the maximum positive impact for shareholders, the environment and societies.
Our member companies come from all business sectors and all major economies, representing combined revenues of more than USD $8.5 trillion and 19 million employees. Our global network of almost 70 national business councils gives our members unparalleled reach across the globe. For over 25 years, WBCSD has been uniquely positioned to work with member companies along and across value chains to deliver impactful business solutions to the most challenging sustainability issues.
Together, we are the leading voice of business for sustainability: with a vision of a world where more than nine billion people are all living well and within the boundaries of our planet, by 2050.
WBCSD is seeking an Associate to work for the CEO & the Senior Management Team (SMT) on agenda and administrative management, logistics and coordination support, reporting to the Chief of Staff.
This is a full-time, permanent position ideally based at the WBCSD offices in Geneva, Switzerland (and from the home office for the time being due to the COVID-19 pandemic measures).
Responsibilities and duties:
- Provide executive administrative and agenda management support to the CEO & member(s) of the SMT
- Coordinate incoming requests, travel and accommodation arrangements, and process expense claims and invoices
- Arrange on and offsite / on and offline group events and meetings, including planning, budgeting, and logistics
- Prepare documents and correspondence as required and support with briefings and presentations preparations
- Support appropriate processes to ensure data quality and integrity in the organizational data tools / systems
- An energetic team player with a minimum of 2-5 years of work experience in a similar role
- Excellent organization and planning skills, eye for detail, and ability to run multi-tasks in parallel and to prioritize own work in a fast-moving environment
- Ability to take ownership of tasks and follow them through to completion
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines, while maintaining quality
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Effective communication with multiple levels in and outside the organization, including C-Suite contacts
- Experience in working with confidential information
- Overall computer and digital literacy and good knowledge of SalesForce
- Fluent in English (and preferably French); other languages are a nice to have
WBCSD is a purpose driven, forward-thinking and action-oriented organization, characterized by diversity of gender, nationalities and work experiences.
The Work Environment
WBCSD offers a competitive, modern, and flexible working arrangement:
- Geneva-based organization with offices in London, New Delhi, Singapore and New York City
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- State-of-the-art facilities and ICT-enabled working tools
- Flex-time and part-time possibilities
- Dynamic working atmosphere
- Open culture encouraging interaction and sharing of ideas and opinions
- International relocation support
- Sustainable commuting incentives
Please also note that WBCSD will only respond to candidates selected for the interview process.