|Date Posted||13 November 2020|
Deadline for applications: 22 November 2020
The World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD) is a global, CEO-led organization of over 200 leading businesses working together to accelerate the transition to a sustainable world. We help make our member companies more successful and sustainable by focusing on the maximum positive impact for shareholders, the environment and societies.
Our member companies come from all business sectors and all major economies, representing combined revenues of more than USD $8.5 trillion and 19 million employees. Our global network of almost 70 national business councils gives our members unparalleled reach across the globe. WBCSD is uniquely positioned to work with member companies along and across value chains to deliver impactful business solutions to the most challenging sustainability issues.
Together, we are the leading voice of business for sustainability: with a vision of a world where more than nine billion people are all living well and within the boundaries of our planet, by 2050.
The OP2B team is seeking an Associate to employ a 5-month Maternity cover (January 4th – May 28th) to work on the One Planet Business for Biodiverity (OP2B), a WBCSD hosted coalition.
The One Planet Business for Biodiversity (OP2B) Coalition is a unique international, cross-sectorial, action oriented business initative on biodiversity with a specific focus on agriculture.
Responsibilities and duties
The Associate, Agriculture and Biodiversity, will help lead and coordinate the development and implementation of OP2B work along three main axes:
- Provide logistic support in the organization of various OP2B virtual meetings & events, including following meetings:
- Board and CEO eRetreat, February 2021
- OP2B meetings on the pillars, communications, institutional engagement, transversal projects, financial institution, science, and any other meetings upon request
- OP2B and MD interventions at various international meetings (such as IUCN WCC, One Planet Summit, TBC), taking place in Q1, 2021
- Support the development of communication material and social media engagement
- Weekly communications and input requests to members
- Drafting various communication material together with WBCSD communications and extneral consultant teams
- Operationaization and management of the social media platform, including updating of information, daily news and communication with members and partners
- Facilitate the engagement of members, prospects, and key stakeholders towards the achievement of the S2 2021 deliverables
- Organizer and Catalyst: Report into and work in coordination with the OP2B Managing Director and team, and other Food and Nature and WBCSD employees, as necessary.
- Collaboration and Cooperation: Foster and promote a pre-competitive collaborative environment across the project member companies by cultivating ample opportunities for companies to communicate and engage in strategy and technical stream development.
- Communication and events management: Knowledge of, and demonstrated skills in communication (communication tools such as PPT and social media); database management (proficient with database management software’s such as Salesforce) and events organization (excellent organisational skills).
- Project Management: Lead day-to-day project activities to deliver the agreed OP2B work, action agenda and implementation plan.
- Master’s degree or equivalent professional qualification in agricultural sciences, agribusiness, environmental protection or sustainable development
- 3+ years of operational experience in international project management, agribusiness, environmental protection and/or sustainable development, with a focus on biodiversity preservation a plus
- Experience working with private sector, government and other sector stakeholders
- Excellent understanding of the food value chain and related global sustainability, health, societal and political challenges
- Track record in day-to-day project management, planning, and execution including working with a wide range of companies and/or stakeholders from different regions to achieve common goals and objectives
- Strong project management skills with ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels and with different backgrounds
- Strong facilitation skills and ability to manage complexity
- Fluent in both written and converstional English; fluency in French, Spanish, or other languge a plus.
The position is full-time for a period of 5 months and based in Geneva, Switzerland, but may also require international travel (pending WBCSD travel policy post-COVID).
WBCSD is a purpose driven, forward-thinking and action-oriented organization, characterised by diversity of gender, nationalities and work experiences.
WBCSD offers a competitive, modern, and flexible working arrangement:
- Geneva-based organization with offices in London, New Delhi and New York City
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- State-of-the-art facilities and ICT-enabled working tools
- Flex-time and part-time possibilities
- Dynamic working atmosphere
- Open culture encouraging interaction and sharing of ideas and opinions
- International relocation support
- Sustainable commuting incentives
Please also note that WBCSD will only respond to candidates selected for the interview process.