|Date Posted||5 November 2019|
The World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD) is a global, CEO-led organization of over 200 leading businesses working together to accelerate the transition to a sustainable world. We help make our member companies more successful and sustainable by focusing on the maximum positive impact for shareholders, the environment and societies.
Our member companies come from all business sectors and all major economies, representing combined revenues of more than USD $8.5 trillion and 19 million employees. Our global network of almost 70 national business councils gives our members unparalleled reach across the globe. WBCSD is uniquely positioned to work with member companies along and across value chains to deliver impactful business solutions to the most challenging sustainability issues.
Together, we are the leading voice of business for sustainability: with a vision of a world where more than nine billion people are all living well and within the boundaries of our planet, by 2050.
To support our important work, we are seeking to strengthen the Finance team with the addition of an Associate, Accounting.
Following a steady increase in the size and complexity, the new post is created to complement the existing Associate position, reporting to the Manager, Accounting and Payroll. The position has an emphasis on the member-facing, income generating side of the organisation’s activities and therefore requires a service-oriented, diplomatic approach. The dynamic nature of the team also provides ample opportunity to gain exposure to all aspects of the financial management, accounting and reporting of the WBCSD.
Responsibilities and duties
- Processing of day to day and ad-hoc accounting tasks
- Accounts receivable invoicing and monitoring
- Emittance of reminders to customers
- Annual invoicing coordination with Member Relations and IT departments
- Applying entries on sub-ledgers (Banks, Vendors & Customers)
- Monthly bank and balance sheet reconciliation
- Systems update (Navision/Business Central, Therefore & Salesforce)
- Reporting on payments and invoices emitted to internal departments
- Handling of member requests and member supplier portals
- Sales contracts archiving and tracking
- Providing external auditors with all supporting documents for the year-end audit
- Tracking grant agreements, including receipt of funds, expenses and reporting
- Other tasks from time-to-time at the request of Manager, Accounting and Payroll
Qualifications and competencies
- University Degree in Finance / Business Administration or CFC / Maturité Professionnelle / Diplôme Ecole de Commerce
- Good command of the English and French languages, written and spoken
- Advanced computer skills: Excel, MS office and ERP (Microsoft Dynamics NAV/365 Business Central, Salesforce an asset)
- Flexible, team player, fast learner and service oriented
- Meticulous, capable of multi-tasking with attention to detail
- Experience in an international environment an asset
The position is full-time, one year contract starting as soon as possible and based in Geneva, Switzerland.
WBCSD is a purpose driven, forward-thinking and action-oriented organization, characterised by diversity of gender, nationalities and work experiences.
WBCSD offers a competitive, modern, and flexible working arrangement:
- Geneva-based organization with offices in London, New Delhi, Singapore and New York City
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- State-of-the-art facilities and ICT-enabled working tools
- Flex-time and part-time possibilities
- Dynamic working atmosphere
- Open culture encouraging interaction and sharing of ideas and opinions
- International relocation support
- Sustainable commuting incentives
Please also note that WBCSD will only respond to candidates selected for the interview process.