December 21, 2018
The World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD) is a global, CEO-led organization of over 200 leading businesses working together to accelerate the transition to a sustainable world. We help make our member companies more successful and sustainable by focusing on the maximum positive impact for shareholders, the environment and societies.
Our member companies come from all business sectors and all major economies, representing combined revenues of more than USD $8.5 trillion and 19 million employees. Our global network of almost 70 national business councils gives our members unparalleled reach across the globe. WBCSD is uniquely positioned to work with member companies along and across value chains to deliver impactful business solutions to the most challenging sustainability issues.
Together, we are the leading voice of business for sustainability: with a vision of a world where more than nine billion people are all living well and within the boundaries of our planet, by 2050.
WBCSD’s Sustainable Urban Mobility Project SiMPlify is a global city-business collaboration to innovation for easy, safe and clean urban mobility systems for all. In response to today’s urban mobility challenges (congestion, pollution, inequalities of access), SiMPlify uses a set of sustainable mobility indicators and a fact-based mobility planning tool to promote innovation in mobility systems with the goal to provide all citizens with easy, safe and clean mobility. Its deployment facilitates collaboration between business and cities to find ways to meet a city’s sustainability needs while helping create livable, sustainable and equitable cities.
WBCSD is now seeking the support of an Intern for 5 months (mid-January to mid-May) to assist in the deployment of SiMPlify methodology and tools to cities around the world.
Responsibilities and duties
The Intern will report to the Manager, Sustainable Mobility and will work as part of the Transforming Mobility Team. The Intern will:
- Project Management: Support with the management of the Sustainable Mobility Tool, the online survey software tool and the overall application of SiMPlify indicators and methodology by cities and partners; Support the process of review and updating of the Solutions Toolbox;
- Communication: Support development and implementation of communications materials and overall communication efforts related to SiMPlify;
- Events: Support WBCSD participation in Sustainable Mobility and Sustainable Cities related events;
- Outreach: Support member engagement, partnerships building and applications for grants with a view to strengthen SiMPlify scale-up worldwide;
- Other: Provide overall admin and daily support to the cities team as needed with research, case studies, communication and outreach.
- University degree in a discipline related to Sustainability. Knowledge of mobility and transport systems is a strong plus;
- Familiarity with web management, basic programming skills (Drupal) and online survey software tools;
- Ability to work independently with little supervision and demonstrate willingness to take initiative;
- Proven research and analytical skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Good organizational skills to anticipate, plan, organize and self-monitor workload;
- Fluency in English, fluency in French and/or other European languages a plus.
The Work Environment:
WBCSD offers a competitive, modern, and flexible working arrangement:
- Geneva-based organization with offices in London, New Delhi and New York City
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- State-of-the-art facilities and ICT-enabled working tools
- Flex-time and part-time possibilities
- Dynamic working atmosphere
- Open culture encouraging interaction and sharing of ideas and opinions
- International relocation support
- Sustainable commuting incentives
- Annual community service
The candidate should hold a valid Swiss working permit and/or be a Swiss or EU national.
The position is based at the WBCSD office in Geneva, Switzerland.
In accordance with WBCSD policies, interns will receive a competitive honorarium. Costs and arrangements for travel, accommodation and living expenses are the responsibilities of interns and/or their supporting organizations.
Closing date for applications is 21 December 2018.
Please note that we will only respond to candidates selected for the interview process.
www.wbcsd.org and https://www.wbcsd.org/Programs/Cities-and-Mobility
WBCSD on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/wbcsd