|Date Posted||2 March 2020|
The World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD) is a global, CEO-led organization of over 200 leading businesses working together to accelerate the transition to a sustainable world. We help make our member companies more successful and sustainable by focusing on the maximum positive impact for shareholders, the environment and societies.
Our member companies come from all business sectors and all major economies, representing combined revenues of more than USD $8.5 trillion and 19 million employees. Our global network of almost 70 national business councils gives our members unparalleled reach across the globe. WBCSD is uniquely positioned to work with member companies along and across value chains to deliver impactful business solutions to the most challenging sustainability issues.
Together, we are the leading voice of business for sustainability: with a vision of a world where more than nine billion people are all living well and within the boundaries of our planet, by 2050.
The WBCSD is seeking a Manager to support the work of the project Food Reform for Sustainability and Health (FReSH), specifically on healthy and sustainable diets. The Manager will be responsible for managing the plants workstream as well as the animal protein work. This role sits within the Food and Nature program under the direct supervision of the FReSH Director. This is a one year fixed-term position, with possibility of contract extension.
Responsibilities and duties
Reporting to the FReSH Director, the Manager will be responsible for:
- Excellent project management with a small team to develop and execute project plan within scope and budget.
- Working with the Food & Nature team and member companies to identify, scope and develop business solutions to scale up plant-forward foods and sustainably produced meat.
- Engaging member companies towards the implementation of these business solutions, individually as well as through pre-competitive collaboration efforts .
- Identifying and recruiting other companies and partners – from the business and other stakeholder constituencies - to deliver and amplify the business solutions.
- Prepare and help disseminate outreach materials, presentations or other materials as needed.
- Working as part of a team, organizing, coordinating, and participating in internal and external meetings, conference calls, and workshops.
- Education: Master’s university degree level education in a food relevant discipline (agricultural science, biology) or equivalent with knowledge of the food sustainability and health nexus.
- Experience: Minimum 8 years’ experience, of which at least 3 years in a private sector role and ideally several years in innovation, marketing and/or communications towards consumers.
- Facilitation and stakeholder engagement: Strong demonstrated experience in successfully aligning different stakeholders and the ability to create effective relationships with new partners or stakeholders. Capacity to be assertive and take initiative when appropriate
- Project management: Strong demonstrated experience in project management and effective facilitation of different perspectives towards a common objective. Capacity to work independently by setting priorities within own work streams, identify and proactively address problems and work to deadlines.
- Communication: Engaging communicator both in person and in writing. Ability to adjust style of communication to suit audience (e.g. present technical topics to a non-technical audience)
- Teamwork: Evidence of successfully working across teams and diverse interest groups.
- Multi-Tasking: Ability to manage own projects and ad hoc demands simultaneously, set priorities, effectively utilize available resources, identify and address problems, and meet deadlines.
- Language skills: Fluency in English (written and spoken) is essential, additional languages beneficial.
- Good team spirit and the ability to build, nurture, and work effectively in (new) teams of partners/stakeholders.
- Capacity to be assertive and take initiative when appropriate.
The position is full-time (100%), one year fixed-term contract and based in Geneva, with some regional and international travel required (max 20% of the time).
WBCSD is a purpose driven, forward-thinking and action-oriented organization, characterised by diversity of gender, nationalities and work experiences.
WBCSD offers a competitive, modern, and flexible working arrangement:
- Geneva-based organization with offices in London, New Delhi and New York City
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- State-of-the-art facilities and ICT-enabled working tools
- Flex-time and part-time possibilities
- Dynamic working atmosphere
- Open culture encouraging interaction and sharing of ideas and opinions
- International relocation support
- Sustainable commuting incentives
- Annual community service
Please also note that WBCSD will only respond to candidates selected for the interview process.