August 19, 2018
The World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD) is a global, CEO-led organization of over 200 leading businesses working together to accelerate the transition to a sustainable world. We help make our member companies more successful and sustainable by focusing on the maximum positive impact for shareholders, the environment and societies. Our member companies come from all business sectors and all major economies, representing combined revenues of more than $8.5 trillion and 19 million employees. Our global network of almost 70 national business councils gives our members unparalleled reach across the globe. WBCSD is uniquely positioned to work with member companies along and across value chains to deliver impactful business solutions to the most challenging sustainability issues. Together, we are the leading voice of business for sustainability: united by our vision of a world where more than 9 billion people are all living well and within the boundaries of our planet, by 2050.
WBCSD is looking for a talented communications associate to assist us in our goal of becoming the center of gravity for sustainability. If you’re the ideal candidate, you’re able to perform strategically as well as operationally, you’re an excellent writer with a robust grasp of content and possess good project management skills. Sustainability knowledge will be an advantage but isn’t essential.
We’re seeking a professional with three to five years of experience. You’re a naturally creative writer who can deliver in different styles and voices; and you can break down complex, technical information into accessible and engaging content. You’re good with social platforms including Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube.
You can handle multiple competing priorities in a challenging environment and can clearly articulate as well as present strategies, recommendations and results to colleagues and management. You’re an individual contributor and team player who collaborates and builds relationships with internal teams, suppliers and member companies.
This contract is for a duration of one year (renewal subject to funding), based in Geneva and requiring some international travels. Start date ASAP.
- Support the Communications Manager in planning, executing and monitoring WBCSD’s communications projects. Manage campaigns and oversee production processes for WBCSD marketing and thought leadership collateral.
- Provide strategic guidance and advice on best-practice to internal teams on communications projects.
- Proactively grow WBCSD representation across international and influential media
- Manage media enquiries and support the Communications team with media relations including writing/editing media releases and managing media campaigns.
- Assist internal teams with media enquiries and ensure all external communications adhere to WBCSD Communications guidelines
Content Strategy and Editorial
- Write content for the WBCSD website including material for articles, interviews, newsletters, blog pieces and member communications.
- Provide editorial leadership to in-house teams for WBCSD publications and ensure all content adheres to the WBCSD’s visual identity and tone of voice, working with internal team and external agencies as necessary.
Digital Content/Social Media
- Provide compelling conceptual input for the production of digital assets including video/motion-graphics and manage deliverables.
- Design and deliver social media strategy to support and increase engagement on WBCSD's social media accounts. Write, edit, re-purpose and deliver a wide variety of content for digital channels, liaising with internal stakeholders and gaining sign-off for publishing as necessary.
- 3-5 years of experience in communications
- Strong project management skills and experience dealing with multiple demanding stakeholders and changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- International media relations experience
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Experience using MS Office products, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Excellent written and verbal communications as well as presentation skills
- Native or fluent English language skills
- An eagle eye for detail
WBCSD offers competitive employment conditions and salary, a flexible working environment and the chance to join a team of professionals who share the motivation to deliver business solutions for a sustainable world.
The WBCSD will organize the Swiss working permit application for the successful candidate and this process is simplified for candidates who are Swiss or EU nationals, or currently holders of a valid Swiss working permit. Other candidates should be aware that a working permit is subject to approval by the Swiss authorities.
Please also note that the WBCSD will only respond to candidates selected for the interview process.