|Location||New Delhi, India|
June 27, 2018
The World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD) is a global, CEO-led organization of over 200 leading businesses working together to accelerate the transition to a sustainable world. We help make our member companies more successful and sustainable by focusing on the maximum positive impact for shareholders, the environment and societies.
Our member companies come from all business sectors and all major economies, representing combined revenues of more than $8.5 trillion and 19 million employees. Our global network of almost 70 national business councils gives our members unparalleled reach across the globe. WBCSD is uniquely positioned to work with member companies along and across value chains to deliver impactful business solutions to the most challenging sustainability issues.
Together, we are the leading voice of business for sustainability: united by our vision of a world where more than 9 billion people are all living well and within the boundaries of our planet, by 2050.
The Members Relations Team is hiring an Associate for our India office to provide elements of business understanding that will lead to greater value creation for existing and prospective member companies around the world. We are looking for a capable individual with journalistic research and writing skills and the ability to translate business strategy to sustainability imperatives and present this in compelling ways graphically. The contract period will be one year and the employee will be based at the WBCSD offices in New Delhi, India.
Main tasks include:
- Manage day-to-day research activities concerning sustainable development and how businesses can contribute and take advantage of it. This includes running desk-top research, reviewing conference outcomes, summarizing reports, holding calls with other non-profit organisations, colleagues and consulting other references. We wish to have a good understanding of how more sustainable businesses can be more successful and the implication thereof on sustainable development.
- Create tailored power point presentations and build a ppt library as resource for future use
- Conduct research and use findings to construct well written case studies, illustrative examples, reports, briefings, letters
- Understand the network of key players in specific economic systems, provide critical inputs for recruitment campaigns globally.
- Scanning and reporting on key developments in the major economic systems that effect sustainable development.
- Work together with colleagues in Delhi and Geneva as a team to deliver tasks in a timely manner.
Key competencies include:
- Background and experience: Master’s university degree level education with a business economical/financial/journalist background.
- Minimum 2 years’ professional experience gained in a journalist position and/or in a similar position within a business oriented organization.
- Demonstrated understanding of business and sustainable development
- Excellent written and verbal communications (to Executive level).
- Highly developed IT skills, with excellent skills using standard word editing and communication packages
- Curious, inquisitive, resilient, personality with systematic, self-starting, flexible working style.
- Project Management: Able to take a project and break down into tasks towards it.
- Respectful of timeline and schedules. Flexible working hours to fit with the cadence of a global team and market.
- Language skills: Fluency in English (written and spoken) is critical. Other languages an advantage.
- Team orientated: Good team spirit and enthusiasm to work in a multi-cultural environment and the ability to build and work effectively in team
In terms of work environment, we offer a competitive and modern working arrangement:
- Geneva-based organization with offices in London, New Delhi and New York City
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- State of the art facilities and ICT enabled working tools
- Dynamic working atmosphere
- Open culture encouraging interaction and sharing of ideas and opinions
- Sustainable commuting incentives
- Annual community service
This is a full-time position based in New-Delhi, India and this is a one-year contract.
Please also note that WBCSD will only respond to candidates selected for the interview process