February 15, 2018
Intern, Sustainable Cities
(April-Sept 2018, 6 months)
The World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD) is a global, CEO-led organization of over 200 leading businesses and partners working together to accelerate the transition to a sustainable world. We help make our member companies more successful and sustainable by focusing on the maximum positive impact for shareholders, the environment and societies.
Our member companies come from all business sectors and all major economies, representing a combined revenue of more than $8.5 trillion and 19 million employees. Our global network of almost 70 national business councils gives our members unparalleled reach across the globe. WBCSD is uniquely positioned to work with member companies along and across value chains to deliver impactful business solutions to the most challenging sustainability issues.
Together, we are the leading voice of business for sustainability: united by our vision of a world where more than 9 billion people are all living well and within the boundaries of our planet, by 2050. www.wbcsd.org
Strategic collaboration between cities and business
The WBCSD Sustainable Cities program is a platform for strategic collaboration between business and cities to address global sustainable development challenges. It helps city authorities find integrated solutions to their challenges and connects them with business’ capacity to implement and finance action. Projects with a focus on cities are run out of the sustainable cities area: LEEP (Low Emissions Economy Partnership), SiMPlify (Sustainable urban mobility), and SBT (Science-based targets for buildings and construction).
WBCSD is now seeking the support of an Intern to for the Sustainable Cities platform with a focus on LEEP and communication.
The Intern will report to the Manager, Sustainable Cities, and will work as part of the sustainable cities team. The Intern will:
- Provide admin and daily support to the cities team as needed with research, case studies, project administration and communication, as per project milestones.
- Communication: Manage communication with members through newsletters, webinars.
- Mapping of city initiatives: Carry out a comprehensive mapping of city-business initiatives.
- Events: Coordinate WBCSD participation in ICLEI World Congress (June) and World Cities summit Singapore (July).
- Research member activities on sustainable cities to propose topics under CityTrends.
- Support grant management and reporting and develop templates for future grant applications, in coordination with WBCSD grants manager.
Required competencies include
- University degree in a discipline related to Sustainability and/or Business/ Journalism
- Ability to work independently with little supervision and demonstrate willingness to take initiative and read as an essential part of daily work
- Proven research, analytical, writing and project management skills
- Good organizational skills to anticipate, plan, organize and self-monitor workload
- Fluency in English
The candidate should hold a valid Swiss working permit and/or a Swiss or EU national.
The position is based at the WBCSD office in Geneva, Switzerland.
The WBCSD offers a flexible working environment and the chance to join a team of professionals who share the motivation to accelerate the transition to a sustainable world.
In accordance with WBCSD policies, interns will receive a competitive honorarium. Costs and arrangements for travel, accommodation and living expenses are the responsibilities of interns and/or their supporting organizations.
Please email your application, cover letter and resume to us at Schweizer@wbcsd.org mentioning "Sustainable cities Internship" in the subject.
Closing date is 15 February 2018.
Please note that we will only respond to candidates selected for the interview process.
WBCSD on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/wbcsd