February 2, 2018
Internship - 5 months
(mid-April to mid-September 2018)
Redefining Value Program
WBCSD is a global, CEO-led organization of over 200 leading businesses working together to accelerate the transition to a sustainable world. We help make our member companies more successful and sustainable by focusing on the maximum positive impact for shareholders, the environment and societies.
Our member companies come from all business sectors and all major economies, representing combined revenues of more than $8.5 trillion and 19 million employees. Our global network of almost 70 national business councils gives our members unparalleled reach across the globe. WBCSD is uniquely positioned to work with member companies along and across value chains to deliver impactful business solutions to the most challenging sustainability issues.
Together, we are the leading voice of business for sustainability: united by our vision of a world where more than 9 billion people are all living well and within the boundaries of our planet, by 2050.
In 2014, the WBCSD launched the Redefining Value program with a vision that by 2050, all companies will measure, value and report their true value, true costs and true profits. To do this, companies need to go beyond just accounting for financial capital. They need to take an integrated approach, via a better understanding of how to incorporate and account for their natural and social capital as well.
This program offers three full-time internship positions as part of the Reporting workstream to carry out a review of the 2016/17 sustainability reports of 175+ WBCSD member companies. The reports will be assessed against a set of predefined criteria and the findings will be used to produce the sixth edition of our flagship Reporting matters publication set to be launched in Singapore in October 2018 at our annual Council Meeting.
Interns will report day to day to the Manager of the Redefining Value program.
- Assess WBCSD member companies' sustainability reports against a pre-defined framework;
- Identify and write up best reporting practices from leading companies;
- Identify trends, commonalities and good practice examples by sector (e.g. Oil & Gas, Forestry & Paper, Consumer Goods, etc.) and geographic region;
- Provide editorial support and other activities to support the project team; and
- Provide support for Global Network partners implementing our framework.
Required competencies include:
- University degree in a discipline related to Sustainability and/or Reporting;
- Ability to work independently with little supervision and demonstrate willingness to take initiative and read as an essential part of daily work;
- Proven research, analytical, writing and attention to details skills;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook);
- Good organizational skills to anticipate, plan, organize and self-monitor workload; and
- Fluency - both written and oral - in English.
The candidate should be a current holder of a valid Swiss working permit and/or a Swiss or EU national. This position requires moving to the WBCSD offices in Geneva, Switzerland.
Candidates should be available to start on Thursday 12 April 2018 and attend WBCSD’s annual Liaison Delegate meeting from 16-20 April in Montreux, Switzerland.
The WBCSD offers a flexible working environment and the chance to join a team of professionals who share the motivation to deliver business solutions for a sustainable world.
In accordance with WBCSD policies, interns will receive a competitive honorarium. Costs and arrangements for travel, accommodation and living expenses are the responsibilities of interns and/or their supporting organizations.
Please note that that we will only respond to candidates selected for the interview process.
WBCSD on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/wbcsd