|Location||New Delhi, India|
December 15, 2017
The World Business Council for Sustainable Development is a CEO-led organization of forward-thinking companies that galvanizes the global business community to create a sustainable future for business, society and the environment. Together with its members, the council applies its respected thought leadership and effective advocacy to generate constructive solutions and take shared action. Leveraging its strong relationships with stakeholders as the leading advocate for business, the council helps drive debate and policy change in favor of sustainable development solutions.
The WBCSD India office provides a resource base to the India offices of the member companies, enabling them to become more engaged in the work programs and products of WBCSD. We partner with other Indian organizations in the sustainability space, and provide a platform for member companies to engage with other corporates, industry, policy, NGO and media audiences to address sustainability challenges.
Water has emerged as a critical issue for businesses in India and other water stressed countries/regions. Businesses are looking for solutions to manage water both within and outside the fence. The focus of the WBCSD India office at present is to support member companies to develop knowledge and solutions in 4 areas of water management – Stewardship approaches to improve water security, Scale-up of solutions to water smart agriculture, Workplace-access to safe water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH), and 5-R approach (Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, Recover and Restore wherever possible) for industrial water management.
Main tasks of the India Associate on Water:
- Leading the project on Circular Water management (5-R approach for industrial water management) by managing all day-to-day activities for the project including running group calls, planning webinars and organizing meetings, drafting deliverables, ensuring targets and milestones are met, developing communication materials.
- Supporting India Manager, Water on the overall success of the India Water program including managing relationship with member companies and partner organizations.
- Collecting intelligence, research, drafting text and developing communication materials such as reports, guidance, factsheets that are linked to the activity in India.
- Representing WBCSD Water within the business community, among policymakers and other stakeholders at key events in India.
Sought competencies include:
- Master’s University degree level education with a background in Environmental/Water Sciences Management.
- 3-4 years of professional experience in Sustainability-related fields, preferably with a background on Water/Industrial-Water management.
- Knowledge and expertise: Good understanding of water management in industries, including an exposure to the technical and regulatory aspects related to the subject.
- Project management: Evidence of successful project management with an experience in independent project leadership with minimum supervision.
- Client relationships: Ability to manage key relationships with supporting companies and to bring additional companies as members.
- Communication: Excellent written and spoken communication skills with fluency in English.
- Multi-tasking: Ability to manage own projects and ad hoc demands simultaneously.
- Reliable, diligent and consulting work attitude, and flexibility to travelling within India and internationally.
- Dynamic work environment with a good visibility for the work both in India and internationally.
- Water being an area of interest to all businesses in India, the program offers immense scope to explore new engagement opportunities and advance its relevance and value to businesses.
- Exposure to a wide range of perspectives through dealing with sustainability leaders and experts.
- Small organization requiring and offering a variety of tasks for each individual.
Candidates should be authorized to work in India and able to travel.
Please also note that the WBCSD will only respond to candidates selected for the interview process.