|Location||New York City, United States|
October 30, 2017
The World Business Council for Sustainable Development is a CEO-led organization of forward-thinking companies that galvanizes the global business community to create a sustainable future for business, society and the environment. Together with its members, the council applies its respected thought leadership and effective advocacy to generate constructive solutions and take shared action. Leveraging its strong relationships with stakeholders as the leading advocate for business, the council helps drive debate and policy change in favor of sustainable development solutions.
The WBCSD North American office provides a resource base to contribute to global projects and interact with the U.S., Canada and Mexico offices of our member companies, assisting them in becoming more engaged in the work programs and initiatives of WBCSD. The North American office is intended to provide a platform to engage North American businesses, industry, policy, NGO and media audiences on how the WBCSD member companies are addressing global sustainability challenges. The WBCSD office also develops partnerships with other U.S., Canadian and Mexican organizations interested in sustainability to accelerate progress towards a green economy.
Roles & Responsibilities
The WBCSD North American Associate represents WBCSD in the North American market to members, partners, and other key stakeholders, as well as the views of members within the WBCSD. The Associate is responsible for raising the profile of WBCSD in the North American market; supporting the implementation of WBCSD programs in the key markets of the United States, Canada and Mexico; engaging North American (NA) active members and other stakeholders in WBCSD initiatives and recruiting new members.
To meet the ambitious and expected growth plans, WBCSD is looking for a full-time Members’ Recruitment Associate, based out of the New York City office.
- Reporting to the Director, North America, the role focuses on recruitment of forward-thinking companies of strategic relevance for WBCSD and its work programs. The candidate will drive WBCSD’s growth through his/her own network as well as by jointly approaching selected companies with relevant WBCSD Program Directors.
- Member Retention:
- Ensure that current membership is and remains highly engaged
- Keep NA active member companies engaged
- Keep Geneva HQ informed about member engagement and concerns
- Assist with content for communication and events (e.g. newsletters, etc.)
- Member Recruitment
- Assist in recruiting activities to get new members of strategic interest to the WBCSD, including prospecting and participation in calls/meeting and developing expert presentations and engagement sessions with North America-based companies
- Contribute to key prospecting events planning (annual Liaison Delegate and Council meetings, invites and sponsorship; UN General Assembly/Climate Week and WBCSD North America events at Greenbiz etc.)
- Prepare, develop and pursue strategic target lists,
- Engage senior leaders at prospect companies to present the relevant value proposition of work programs in WBCSD
- Manage the pipeline funnel, develop a set of accounts towards agreement to join WBCSD as member and deliver against annual membership targets
- Provide leadership with regards to digital nurturing of accounts and sales cycle management. Be a driver of internal digital marketing competency development efforts with an ability to manage and transfer skills related to the use of Salesforce
- Keep the database, relevant materials and the pipeline up to date with recruitment data
- Plan and interact with prospects at key events, including in the organization of high-level meetings
- Excellent key account sales skills, with proven successful track record in consultative selling situations
- Around five years of professional experience in Sales, including Inside Sales, and Marketing
- Basic understanding and proven interest in Sustainability,
- Excellent, hands-on digital sales and marketing expertise using CRM tools, preferably Salesforce
- Experience and comfort interacting at high levels in corporations, in different cultural contexts and complex project-type sales processes. Proven ability to build trusted relationships with corporate decision-makers,
- Passionate self-starter – ability to take initiative and seize opportunities for WBCSD growth - independent, proactive outreach. A fast learner that works accurately under pressure
- Excellent presentation and communication skills in English, both written and oral. A second and third European language will provide preferential consideration
- Enthusiastic about multi-cultural work environment, including international travel
- Knowledge of Spanish a plus
- Advanced knowledge of major MS-Office tools (Excel, ppt, word)
What WBCSD is offering
- Dynamic, international work environment
- Small organization requiring and offering a variety of tasks for everyone
- Dealing with sustainability experts and leaders
- Dealing with core sustainability business topics
The position is full-time and based in the United States (New York City) but will require domestic and international travel
The WBCSD offers competitive employment conditions and salary, a flexible and stimulating working environment and the chance to join a team of professionals who share a motivation to deliver business solutions for a sustainable world.
Candidates should be of U.S. citizenship or authorized to work in the United States.