|Published||20 December 2021|
Application Deadline: 12 January 2022
The World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD) is a global, CEO-led organization of over 200 leading businesses working together to accelerate the transition to a sustainable world. We help make our member companies more successful and sustainable by focusing on the maximum positive impact for shareholders, the environment and societies.
Our member companies come from all business sectors and all major economies, representing combined revenues of more than USD $8.5 trillion and 19 million employees. Our global network of almost 70 national business councils gives our members unparalleled reach across the globe. Since 1995, WBCSD has been uniquely positioned to work with member companies along and across value chains to deliver impactful business solutions to the most challenging sustainability issues.
Together, we are the leading voice of business for sustainability: with a vision of a world where more than nine billion people are all living well and within the boundaries of our planet, by 2050.
Our Global Events team is looking for a full-time Senior Manager. Based in Geneva, the candidate will lead the organization of world-class WBCSD events as well as develop and coordinate the organization’s engagement at key global platforms and international conferences.
Responsibilities and duties
- Continuously develop and strengthen the strategic positioning of WBCSD events in a competitive space to increase revenue and return on investment.
- Proactively engage external and internal stakeholders to deliver high-quality event content for WBCSD members and network.
- Lead the successful transition towards hybrid and sustainable events.
- Negotiate supplier contracts, manage the events budget, and supervise end-to-end orchestration of international events, from contracting to promotion, delivery and post-event management.
- Manage WBCSD’s Global Events team as well as a multi-disciplinary content team, external agencies and multiple events suppliers.
- Improve events processes and maintain data hygiene across the organization to ensure events are recognized as a key member engagement tool.
- Establish and nurture strategic partnerships to improve visibility and engagement of WBCSD and its members across key global platforms and international conferences.
- Successfully position WBCSD senior management and members at key global events to raise brand awareness and improve visibility of members.
Profile and qualifications
- University degree in business management, marketing, hospitality or related fields
- Very good understanding of sustainability issues and topics
- At least 10 years of relevant work experience and strong track record in delivering successful international events with C-suite participation
- Excellent project and time management skills
- Creative thinker, willing to step outside of the comfort zone
- Strong negotiation, analytical and financial skills with the ability to manage and optimize complex budgets
- “Can-do” attitude, able to analyze problems quickly and find solutions proactively
- Disciplined and organized work approach with strong attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize effectively and work under pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communications as well as presentation skills
- Proficiency using MS Office products, Word, Excel, PowerPoint as well as Salesforce and online meeting tools Microsoft Teams and Zoom
- Proficiency in English and French. Other languages a plus
- Ability to travel internationally
WBCSD offers a competitive, modern, and flexible working arrangement:
- Geneva-based organization with offices in London, New Delhi, Singapore and New York City
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- State-of-the-art facilities and ICT-enabled working tools
- Flex-time and work from home possibilities
- Dynamic working atmosphere
- Open culture encouraging interaction and sharing of ideas
- Sustainable commuting incentives
The position is based in Amsterdam, Geneva or London, but will also require international travel with flexibility.
Kindly note that WBCSD will only respond to candidates selected for the interview process.