|Date Posted||17 September 2021|
Business for Nature Coalition is looking for a
Business Engagement Associate
Business for Nature is hiring an Associate to provide support for our overall business engagement, development of the future strategy of the coalition and lead on monitoring, evaluation and reporting to funders, as well as general activities of the coalition team. This is an exciting opportunity to work with an impactful multi-stakeholder international team, and through this role you will be directly exposed to the decision-making process and strategy of the organization.
We work in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment and to be successful you will need to be comfortable working autonomously, with a strong sense of responsibility for taking projects from inception to completion. As a small team operating across the world, you should feel comfortable working remotely. We’re looking for someone with fresh ideas, strong organizational and communication skills, experience working with companies, and a belief that business can be a force for good.
Title: Business Engagement Associate, Business for Nature coalition
Reports to: Executive Director, Business for Nature coalition
Position: Full time (part-time also negotiable)
Application deadline: 30 September 2021
Overview: The Business for Nature coalition is a global coalition that brings together business and conservation organizations and forward-thinking companies. Together, we demonstrate and amplify a credible business voice on nature calling for governments to adopt policies to reverse nature loss in this decade. Ultimately, our aim is to give policymakers the courage and comfort to make ambitious agreements on nature.
We’re an inclusive organization committed to looking for different talents to build a diverse and impactful team.
The Business for Nature Associate will fulfill the following functions:
- Lead and manage our engagement and outreach with a growing number of companies, including:
- identifying leading companies and examples on nature and biodiversity
- disseminating business-relevant information via webinars, events, etc, building on BfN’s high-level steps companies can take on their nature-positive journey.
- liaising with BfN partners to establish relationships with companies and share material, including the coalition’s engagement with the Science-based Targets for Nature Network (SBTN)
- supporting engagement with BfN’s Strategic Advisory Group
- supporting the monitoring and management of new signatories to Business for Nature’s Call to Action ‘Nature Is Everyone’s Business’.
- Support development of longer-term strategy and plans for the coalition and contribute to monitoring BfN’s performance, activities and impact.
- Support the Executive Director and the team in the smooth running of coalition. This includes, setting up meetings, draft and write reports/ briefings as necessary, support and help manage contact management/events and mass emails through our Customer Relationship Management platform, Salesforce.
- Attend relevant meetings, events and conferences where appropriate.
Qualifications, skills and experience
- Experience of working with a corporate audience, particularly on sustainability.
- Experience in project management, including monitoring and evaluation.
- Strong organizational and time management skills including a capacity to track details.
- A graduate degree in environmental management, economics, sustainable development, communication, political sciences, or any other relevant field.
- Excellent English written and oral communications skills particularly to convey complex ideas, thoughts and concepts for a general and business audience in a compelling and concise way.
- Knowledge of using and managing excel spreadsheets to manipulate and manage datasets.
- Experience of working in a multi-stakeholder environment.
- Proficiency in other languages would be beneficial.
- Experience using Salesforce would be beneficial
Business for Nature offers a competitive, modern, and flexible working arrangement:
- Hosted at WBCSD, a Geneva-based organization with offices in London, New Delhi, Singapore, and New York City. Remote working possible.
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- State-of-the-art facilities and ICT-enabled working tools
- Flex-time and part-time possibilities
- Dynamic working atmosphere
- Open culture encouraging interaction and sharing of ideas and opinions
Please also note that Business for Nature will only respond to candidates selected for the interview process.
To apply for this position please submit your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “ASSOCIATE, BfN APPLICATION”.