December 8, 2017
The World Business Council for Sustainable Development is a CEO-led organization of forward-thinking companies that galvanizes the global business community to create a sustainable future for business, society and the environment. Together with its members, the council applies its respected thought leadership and effective advocacy to generate constructive solutions and take shared action. Leveraging its strong relationships with stakeholders as the leading advocate for business, the council helps drive debate and policy change in favor of sustainable development solutions.
To meet the ambitious and expected growth plans, WBCSD is looking for a full-time, Members’ Recruitment Associate to join the Members’ Relations team, based at the office in Geneva, Switzerland.
Main tasks include:
- Attract and recruit forward-thinking companies of strategic relevance for WBCSD and its work programs.
- Manage the pipeline funnel, develop a set of accounts towards agreement to join WBCSD as member. Deliver against annual membership targets
- Engage senior leaders at prospect companies. Gain the support and assistance of WBCSD Project Directors to illustrate and exemplify the WBCSD value proposition at its best
- Lead the digital nurturing of accounts and sales cycle management
- Be a driver of internal digital marketing competency development efforts, with an ability to manage and transfer skills related to the use of Salesforce
- Keep the customer relationship database and relevant materials up-to-date
- Plan and interact with prospects at key events, including in the organization of high-level meetings
Required competencies include:
- Proven successful track record of consultative selling, ideally in a consulting firm or service business
- At least five years of professional experience in Sales or Inside Sales and Marketing
- Genuine passion for Sustainability
- Excellent, hands-on digital sales and marketing expertise using CRM tools, preferably Salesforce
- Experience and comfort interacting at high levels in corporations, in different cultural contexts. Proven ability to build trusted relationships with corporate decision-makers
- Passionate self-starter, independent. A fast learner that works accurately under pressure. A doer and a thinker
- Excellent presentation and communication skills in English, both written and oral. A second and third language will provide preferential consideration
- Enthusiastic about a multi-cultural work environment and international travel
The organization offers:
The WBCSD is a purpose driven, forward-thinking, and action-oriented organization, characterized by diversity of gender, nationalities, and work experiences.
We are guided by the following values:
- Sustainability generalist positions with exposure to and direct influence of the global sustainable development agenda
- The opportunity to facilitate groups made up of senior business executives and sustainability leaders with diverse interests to reach a common goal or vision
- Prospects for challenging hands-on experiences and enhanced learning through exposure to international working group and high-level meetings
- Springboard to independent consulting and sustainability-focused roles in private and public organizations through the network and skillset acquired or enhanced at WBCSD (negotiation, diplomacy, multi-stakeholder approach, etc.)
- Internal promotion & lateral career move opportunities
In terms of work environment, we offer a competitive, modern, and flexible working arrangement:
- Geneva-based organization with offices in New Delhi and New York City
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- State of the art facilities and ICT enabled working tools
- Flex-time and part-time possibilities
- Dynamic working atmosphere
- Open culture encouraging interaction and sharing of ideas and opinions
- International relocation support
- Sustainable commuting incentives
- Annual community service
The WBCSD will organize the Swiss working permit application for the successful candidate and this process is simplified for candidates who are Swiss or currently holders of a valid Swiss working permit. Other candidates should be aware that a working permit is subject to approval by the Swiss authorities.
Please also note that the WBCSD will only respond to candidates selected for the interview process