October 23, 2017
The World Business Council for Sustainable Development is a CEO-led organization of forward-thinking companies that galvanizes the global business community to create a sustainable future for business, society and the environment. Together with its members, the council applies its respected thought leadership and effective advocacy to generate constructive solutions and take shared action. Leveraging its strong relationships with stakeholders as the leading advocate for business, the council helps drive debate and policy change in favor of sustainable development solutions.
The WBCSD is seeking a professional to join the Climate & Energy team. This is a full-time position based at the WBCSD offices in Geneva, Switzerland, reporting to the Climate & Energy Director.
Main tasks include:
- Supporting the Climate Change Policy Manager with:
- Grant funding:
- Research and analysis of applicable grant funding opportunities for WBCSD climate change solutions
- Maintaining a database of grant funding organisations and upcoming opportunities
- Support grant management and reporting activities
- Coordination of WBCSD and business presence at key global and regional events (e.g. UNFCCC, CEM, BCS etc.)
- Coordination of input from WBCSD teams and members on policy-asks and messaging vis-à-vis key national or regional jurisdictions (e.g. EU, China, US, California etc…) and global levels
- Research, analysis and communication of key climate and energy policy and regulatory developments
- Grant funding:
Required competencies include:
- Education: Master’s university degree level education with an economical/political sciences focus. Other degrees will be accepted if candidate has experience of policy analysis/development.
- Experience: minimum 2 years’ relevant experience, with a preference for experience of working with the private sector and grant management.
- Knowledge and expertise: Knowledge of grant funding opportunities and processes. Knowledge of key climate change policy and regulatory concepts and trends. Macro-level understanding of the energy system and climate science.
- Research and analysis: Strong evidence of analysing complex issues and presenting key insight. Focussing on the relevant and essential.
- Teamwork: Evidence of successfully working across teams and diverse interest groups, good team spirit and the ability to contribute to, and work effectively in teams of partners/stakeholders.
- Project management: Capacity to work independently. Evidence of successfully managing competing priorities and ad hoc demands simultaneously, identify and proactively address problems, working to deadlines.
- Communication: Good communicator across languages and cultures both in person and in writing.
- Language skills: Fluent in English (written and spoken), fluency in additional languages is an advantage.
The organization offers:
The WBCSD is a purpose driven, forward-thinking, and action-oriented organization, characterized by diversity of gender, nationalities, and work experiences.
We are guided by the following values:
- Sustainability generalist positions with exposure to and direct influence of the global sustainable development agenda
- The opportunity to facilitate groups made up of senior business executives and sustainability leaders with diverse interests to reach a common goal or vision
- Prospects for challenging hands-on experiences and enhanced learning through exposure to international working group and high-level meetings
- Springboard to independent consulting and sustainability-focused roles in private and public organizations through the network and skillset acquired or enhanced at WBCSD (negotiation, diplomacy, multi-stakeholder approach, etc.)
- Internal promotion & lateral career move opportunities
In terms of work environment, we offer a competitive, modern, and flexible working arrangement:
- Geneva-based organization with offices in New Delhi and New York City
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- State of the art facilities and ICT enabled working tools
- Flex-time and part-time possibilities
- Dynamic working atmosphere
- Open culture encouraging interaction and sharing of ideas and opinions
- International relocation support
- Sustainable commuting incentives
- Annual community service
The WBCSD will organize the Swiss working permit application for the successful candidate and this process is simplified for candidates who are Swiss or currently holders of a valid Swiss working permit. Other candidates should be aware that a working permit is subject to approval by the Swiss authorities.
Please also note that the WBCSD will only respond to candidates selected for the interview process.
How to apply:
We are working with a new platform to help us source talent to meet the growing needs of our CEO-led organization. You can therefore send your application by using the XY Marketplace link below (please do not use the blue "Apply Online" button):
WBCSD’s Energy and Climate site:
WBCSD on LinkedIn: